School sued for not stopping bullying

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
For 17-year-old David Knight, school was hardly ideal.

To put it in his own pain-laden words, “it was hell.”

Knight and his family are suing the Halton District School Board and current and former high-school principals and vice-principals at Lester B. Pearson for not taking adequate steps to provide Knight and his sister, Katie, a safe learning environment. A lawsuit claims years of abuse and harassment at the hands of relentless bullies who made going to school a test of emotional will for the siblings.

more of the story

It sounds like this kid had it rough. :)

alex

Me too. With a name like mine, I was absolutly tortured in grade school. I hope they sue the crap outta the school and the bullies :headbang:

freako104

i know how it is. every time i hear a story about any school it makes me wonder if i went to the only good hs. i did get bullied in middle and elementary schools and i hope they sue the school for allowing it to happen. kids should be safe in schools not afraid.

Professur

Christ, everyone get's bullied in school. It's normal. It's to prepare you for real life. Shit, I was the smallest guy in my class, almost every year, and even I bullied someone else (drove one of the large bullies nuts with innuendo, wit, and slander. He was totally helpless against intelligence)

If every little pussy who won't/can't defend themselves sues their school, there won't be a school left open. BTW those of you who think this suit is a good thing, ask yourself where the money is coming from. That's right, your pocket. And your kid's education.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Depends upon the level of bullying, I'd say. We don't want another Columbine on our hands, either.

freako104

yes gato your right about that although id say also that the columbine was not just because of bullying but many factors although the bullying was a major cause in it. so your right in what you said. i however feel that the kids who are bullies should take some class in learning to respect other kids too.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
If they think school bullies are bad, wait till they encounter a real life bully who'll take more than just your lunch money, including your TV, an expensive stereo, or in some cases, your life.

This makes me sick that they are suing the school for something students did. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Pussies like this Knight guy will never make it in the real world.

By the way, I was bullied too, so don't give me that crap about "You don't know what it was like".

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
A lawsuit claims years of abuse and harassment at the hands of relentless bullies who made going to school a test of emotional will for the siblings.

A test of emotional will, LEARNING, right? Yes I was bullied, but it's normal. Sorry kids, we'll make sure everyone is nice and peachy to you for the rest of your life, you'll never get dumped, never get divorced, your kids will be perfect, and you will love your job. God damn pussies.

:massacre: