Sex is NOT what its cracked.....

staffrodore

..up to be!!

At a recent evening of dinner and discussion it was raised that soo much emphasis is placed sex.

Whats wrong with everyone?...there is much more to life...and when you place too much value on sexual intimacy you miss out on soo much more in life.

Its just not the be all and end all of life and the universe. Surely there is more to us all then sex???

Now...I want to hear what else is special for you.....what other things do you do that give you a sense of fulfillment and completeness?..Why is sex so vitally important to you?

And finally why on God's green earth do you think that those who aren't getting any are missing out?

unclehobart

The worst sex I ever had still ranks as the greatest thing that ever happend to me. You can't argue with hormonal biology. Many an intellectual giant has been brought to his knees for sheer biological need. It is... nectar of the gods... if it is bad sex. Good sex is beyond report.

tank girl

:confused:
Whats wrong with everyone?
aww :lol:

Its just not the be all and end all of life and the universe
yeah you'd think that, thanks to the innovations of cloning :lol2:

Sex is life. Its simple. If it wasn't fullfilling we wouldbn't be doing it and we woldn't be procreating. and there wouldn't be life...

I'm not getting any and I'm fully confident that I am missing out

:grinyes: tell me about it.

Though you have a point Staff, but I think its more just an indication of the times rather than a "problem" with our relationship with the act itself.

The way I see it : its not sex thats the problem, but the way that "soo much emphasis is placed sex" in the media and thereby influencing peoples own attitude and confidence towards being more naturally open about it. But it is hyped up, trivialised and exploited to excess in the media : eg; advertising, news, movies, popular culture: simply because.."sex sells" and we live in a consumer culture and the more sex is glorified the more interest and the more $$$ there is to be made.

Sex is fantastic and always has been, its only comparitively recently that people have become more comfortable with acknowledging sexuality and being comfortable being open and I guess thats down to popular culture and the media too - as well as the :erm: sexual revolution. There is nothing wrong with sex..per se (unless of course, you belong to some repressive puritanical sect...:eyebrow:)

But if you genuinely think that it is a problem, I guess a lot is tolerated these days - it would be interesting experiment if we all decided to regress back to the days where guys would find the sight of the tiniest innocent portion of bare flesh erotic, and skirts higher than the ankles were considered risque....etc.

(like in the 19th century, remeber that scene in "The Piano" where Banes slowly undresses ada and is captivated by that hole in her stocking...)

oh, and my fulfilling things?

1. sex (with or without somebody else...preferably with ;)
2. chocolate
3. ranting
4. language
5. music

:D :D

IDLEchild

staffrodore said:
..up to be!!

At a recent evening of dinner and discussion it was raised that soo much emphasis is placed sex.

Yes...great marketing tool.

Whats wrong with everyone?...there is much more to life...and when you place too much value on sexual intimacy you miss out on soo much more in life.

We take simple pleasures and instant gratification over long term happiness and subtle desires of being. A nasty, sweaty romp under the sheets is more satifying in fast paced world instead of watching a sunset on the beach.

Its just not the be all and end all of life

Technically...it is.

Surely there is more to us all then sex???

For some of us.

Now...I want to hear what else is special for you

extra amounts of sex.

.....what other things do you do that give you a sense of fulfillment and completeness?

Music, art (I suck at both though)...If i could parle them with sex, then it's all butter.

..Why is sex so vitally important to you?

Lets face it...it is fun....it is more fun with someone attractive and gifted.

And finally why on God's green earth do you think that those who aren't getting any are missing out?

They aren't missing out anything...they just aren't having as much fun as they could be.

I mean not every kid has been to Disneyland but those have, have great stories to tell.

chcr

Too cute for words
We take simple pleasures and instant gratification over long term happiness and subtle desires of being. A nasty, sweaty romp under the sheets is more satifying in fast paced world instead of watching a sunset on the beach.
Wouldn't matter whether the world was fast paced or not. Like unc said, the worst sex is still better than the best anything else.

IDLEchild

chcr said:
Like unc said, the worst sex is still better than the best anything else.

Then Unc must have a pretty boring life.

Bad sex is ok but worst sex is something i'd rather forget for something else.

Sex is fun but it is also an emotionally vulrenable experience. Ego bruised in life heals overtime, ego bruised in sex may never. Not to mention the host of other emotional shit involved.

It's fun but it is a hassle today. If not emotional than the physical setbacks from having sex are scary. I don't want my pee to burn.

PrincessLissa

I think that sex is important in a relationship and also very fun. I also think that there is a LOT more to a relationship than sex. Erik and I are on restriction due to complications with the pregnancy, but we still make time to cuddle, and will grab each others butt when we are in the kitchen and huddle together in the cold before getting in the car. It is still a closeness, even if it is not sex.

A.B.Normal

I think intimacy is more important and is what most people confuse with sex and are actually looking for in a relationship..Sex can be bought or performed on ones self ,intimacy of the type with another cannot IMO.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
The worst sex I ever had still ranks as the greatest thing that ever happend to me.
Append that to say that the worst blow job I ever got was still pretty good.

unclehobart

IDLEchild said:
Then Unc must have a pretty boring life.

Bad sex is ok but worst sex is something i'd rather forget for something else.

Sex is fun but it is also an emotionally vulrenable experience. Ego bruised in life heals overtime, ego bruised in sex may never. Not to mention the host of other emotional shit involved.

It's fun but it is a hassle today. If not emotional than the physical setbacks from having sex are scary. I don't want my pee to burn.
I would put forth that you have a pretty boring sex life. Emotional? vulnerable? ego? bruise? hassle? Those are the over hormonal precepts of the teenager. Your normal healthy and established adult has all of that well in check by about 24-26. You make sex sound like a horrible tug of war where everyone loses. I'm talking about a nice sweaty grudge fuck where noone can move afterwards. The little pirate sitting on your shoulder should have the evil vulnerability fairy tied up nicely as soon as the first tongue races across a part of your body with a high concentration of nerve endings.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I too am at the point that sex is far from the most important or most fulfilling part of a relationship. Yeah, it's great. No doubt about it. But anymore, I'll take a quiet evening together, alone and uninterrupted, in a place we both love to be, over a night of sweatty bumping and grinding simply for the sake of it.

Maybe I am getting old...

OopsA'Daisy

Sex...oh what a great thing if with the right person. A good grudge fuck is/should be doctors orders at least every other month, its a great way to rid the stress in your life.

If you are with the right person quiet evenings snuggled up with no interruptions can lead to some great love making in the end.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Let's see...

What's more important than sex?

1. Work. If you've got no job, and no money, your chances of getting sex are close to nil. Women like a man who is relatively stable.
2. Food. If you don't eat, you don't have the energy for sex.
3. Alcohol. Makes getting sex easier. Just give your date a few drinks, and, while not easy, the sex comes with less verbal jousting.
4. A nice car. Let's face it. If a woman see's a guy driving an Audi, a Mercedes, a Lexus, an Infiniti, or a BMW, she's more likely to give up the good stuff than if you're driving a hooptie.
5. Money. You'll hear angry retorts about this, but the more money you have, the easier it is to get sex. I'm not talking about prostitution, either.