should condoms be passed out in schools?

Should schools pass out condoms to the kiddies?

• yes

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • no

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
G

This is an easy poll. I liked the other one so much that I decided to ask another thought provoking question. :eek:

i think so, unfortunately kids are having sex much earlier, even when not mentally mature enough to handle the possibe concequences.

sbcanada

I don't think so; it encourages pre-marital sex. :D

An idea would be to sell them in the bathrooms for a quarter, not just give it to them and say "have at it!" ;) That way if they are going to do it, they have easy access to them.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
NO. HELL NO. Absofuckinglutely not. Let 'em go embarass themselves at Walgreens like the rest of us. An even better idea, in order to receice them, have their parents sign a release waiver.

kuulani

Yes. Teens will have sex whether or not they have a condom. At least if schools offer condoms, the percentages of teens using condoms will rise, and maybe decrease the spread of diseases and unwanted pregnancies.

unclehobart

Its is inappropirate for the education facilities to huck tax monies out the door on stuff that has nothing to do with education. Let them spend the money from their own mf pockets... quit picking mine.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Tough one. I agree with Gonz, in that it pisses me off they don't have to stand there with a jumbo economy size case of them with old women staring. :)

On the other hand, unc, health education is just as important for the continued growth of our society as math, science, and reading is.

I'd have to vote yes, reluctantly.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Originally posted by outside looking in
On the other hand, unc, health education is just as important for the continued growth of our society as math, science, and reading is.

You are right, Teach them health. Just don't give 'em rubbers.

flavio

Banned
Originally posted by kuulani
Yes. Teens will have sex whether or not they have a condom. At least if schools offer condoms, the percentages of teens using condoms will rise, and maybe decrease the spread of diseases and unwanted pregnancies.

Yep, that's correct. I like sbcanada's idea of putting them in vending machines though.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Don't just give them away. Make the kids earn them. That way, they'll learn to appreciate them more...

I also like the vending machine in the boys room idea, but charge 50 cents instead of 25. Better yet, charge the same amount as the most popular video arcade game. :cool:

unclehobart

All of these plans assume for a flickering moment that these kids are capapble of one lick of responsibility. Any kid that is 'just going to do it anyway' can't be trusted to even care to use protection when the time comes. Responsible kids wouldn't put themselves in such a position in the first place. Responsible kids would seek out protection on their own merits without needing a government handout.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I don't know. When I was that age I was responsible...no matter what went wrong... :D

G

Instead of the vending machine idea, how about if they have to buy them from a person in charge of health issues that hands out brochures on std and pregnancy?

In addition, what about having a Catholic Priest around in case they need to be shown how to use them? That might change their minds about sex altogether. :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
No. Arrest kids who spread STD's, though. Having sex with someone while you have aids or some other deadly disease is akin to outright killing that person, so why shouldn't it be treated the same?

sbcanada

If you want the kids to use condoms, make them easily accessible. They should also be taught what they are and how to use them in sex-ed. :D

If you put them in vending machines in the boy's washrooms at school, they'd have to pay for them and then it wouldn't be taxpayers money. If kids are going to do it no matter what, then have condoms accessible to them, teach them why they should use them, and most of them will use them.

I don't know about making them go embarress themselves in order to get them; then some kids won't bother and they'll just do it without protection.

Q

Yeah, put 'em in vending machines...make the little suckers use their lunch money. Put the vending machines in the cafeteria so they can see what's for lunch and make an informed decision. :D