should condoms be passed out in schools?

Should schools pass out condoms to the kiddies?

• yes

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • no

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah but that was high school. What about middle school? I'm beginning to think the wording of this topic was too broad and unfocused.

But the reality is it's not my problem anymore. "My problem" referring to the condoms in school topic. I've been out of school for a long time. And I know how to protect myself.

Middle school?! Middle school where I grew up is 11-13...what 11-13 year old kids are having sex?!

tonksy

You can be a carrier of an STD for years without knowing it. You can spread it but not have symptoms yourself.

MrBishop

If it thins the herd, I`m all for it.
That can be taken both ways.
By thinning the herd do you mean: lettin' the idiots get the nasty diseases and die off before they breed
or
"Teach the kids to use condoms so they don't breed more idiots too quickly"

Professur

Kids of 13 given secret condoms

By BEN ASHFORD

Published: Today

CHILDREN as young as 13 are being offered free condoms at school without their parents’ knowledge.

All “non-faith” secondary schools in Manchester have agreed to let their nurses hand out contraceptives and advice about sex.

The move is aimed at reversing the city’s rising teenage pregnancy rate, which is 50 per cent higher than the average figure for England.

But critics branded it “quite wrong” and said it would encourage under-age kids to have sex.

Parents are NOT told when schoolkids ask for contraception or advice, although mums and dads were consulted before the scheme was introduced.

In theory the service could be offered to 11 and 12-year-olds.

But local council sources said any evidence of sexual activity among children of that age would trigger an investigation.

Eighty primary schools are also teaching pupils about relationships, conception and birth.

Nick Seaton, of the Campaign for Real Education, said: “Handing out contraceptives in secondary schools simply works as an incentive.

“This sort of thing should not be the purpose of schools.”

Manchester City Council said: “We are working to ensure young people have the means to avoid unwanted sexual experiences and practise safer sex.”

source

But if I let my kid watch a 18+ rated movie or look at a Hustler, I've got child services on my ass.

JTP

Shoot- when I was 13, if somebody gave me a condom, I'd have used it for a water balloon!
Hooligan, I was- but not really horny until 18 or so...:rofl2:

JTP

Yeah, the great things about starting "late" are:
you miss out on all those wonderful experiences like being a teenaged Daddy,
and STD's and all that stuff.
Gee, I feel SO deprived!
Damn, I wish my parents hadn't been so strict!
(That's sarcasm- in case you don't get it where you live)
And seriously- if you don't become sexually active until age 18 or 19-
you are still un-jaded and horny into your 40's.
It is unfortunate that people get all "sexed out" in their teen and twenties
-they are sad and worn-out by the time they get old enough to appreciate it!

BeardofPants

Kids from our equivalent of middle school were having sex when I was there. :shrug: I had sex when I was 14. My friend was 13 when she first had sex.

chcr

Too cute for words
Yeah, the great things about starting "late" are:
you miss out on all those wonderful experiences like being a teenaged Daddy,
and STD's and all that stuff.
Gee, I feel SO deprived!
Damn, I wish my parents hadn't been so strict!
(That's sarcasm- in case you don't get it where you live)
And seriously- if you don't become sexually active until age 18 or 19-
you are still un-jaded and horny into your 40's.
It is unfortunate that people get all "sexed out" in their teen and twenties
-they are sad and worn-out by the time they get old enough to appreciate it!
:lol: JTP, I've been doing it for 38 years so far (I'm 52, you can do the math) and I have experienced no decrease in desire or performance yet. I have no biological progeny and have never contracted an STD. For much of that time I was a full time musician and very active (total fucking horndog, truth be told). If I ever do experience a performance issue, well, they make a pill for that now don't they. I find it wildly unlikely that I'll ever experience any decrease in desire, but I suppose anything is possible. You actually know people in their teens or twenties who think that they're "all sexed out?" Perhaps when they grow up they'll learn how to do it right. Perhaps not, really not my problem. I will agree that there are certainly people who have sex at what you consider an early age that are not ready to become sexually active, but I suspect that a lot more never have a problem.

BTW, Gato, I knew about condoms around age 10 as well. I might have made some of JTP's water balloons at that age. :D

JTP

I guess it depends on the individual. I work with people in their late 20's and early 30's and hear them complain that they're "burnt out" on sex because they started in their teens. Maybe they just need the right vitamins or something.:sex2: Eat more oysters!
I'm just grateful that I got a "late start" meself because so many of my friends had to quit their education to get a job to support the kids that they "accidentally" created.
Can't feel too sorry for them, though. If you're too pesky to put on a condom, you will get what's coming to you- pun intended!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Maybe if the people think they're "sexed out" it's not because they started too early or have have too much sex in their life...maybe it's to do with theirs and their partners chemistry. I can think of a couple scenarios...

1 - someone is still sleeping around but maybe what they really want is a solid, dependable relationship so therefore they don't perform as they used to in bed/desire what they used to because even if they don't know it yet what they're doing/trying to do (be sexually permiscuous) is not what they really desire.

2 - someone is in a committed relationship but deep down isn't happy, doesn't love the other person, etc...so therefore their desire for sex with that person/their ability to perform would likely be diminished. Maybe the sex with that person USED to be awesome but maybe there are other factors in the relationship that is now making it not so awesome.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I went through a period of time where I didn't desire sex...it was because I was in a miserable relationship and I didn't wanna have sex with the guy but I also wasn't the type to cheat and I hadn't yet figured out how to get out of the relationship.

Once I did get out I was like a dog on a bone (haha pun intended).