should condoms be passed out in schools?

Should schools pass out condoms to the kiddies?

• yes

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • no

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

MrBishop

source

But if I let my kid watch a 18+ rated movie or look at a Hustler, I've got child services on my ass.
:rolleyes:
There's a big difference between knowing what a condom is and how to use it..or hell, even owning a few

and

promoting sex or even having sex.

If actually owning condoms got you laid automatically, there'd be a lineup at every pharmacy across the world filled with 10-95yr old men (and women) and we'd be talking about the Rubber Shortage instead of the Oil shortage.
:lol2:

GrandCaravanSE

:rolleyes:
There's a big difference between knowing what a condom is and how to use it..or hell, even owning a few

and

promoting sex or even having sex.

If actually owning condoms got you laid automatically, there'd be a lineup at every pharmacy across the world filled with 10-95yr old men (and women) and we'd be talking about the Rubber Shortage instead of the Oil shortage.
:lol2:

:rofl4: all the rubber for the tires would be gone.

Wacky Nacky

I voted yes, as there was no other option.

If there was an other option, I'd choose it and say we ought to teach abstinence until the kids are mature enough to handle sex (it can really impact you mentally, and I don't think most teens are ready for that, even if their bodies are). And in this abstinence, I think we ought to praise/encourage (private) masturbation (taboo, I know).

valkyrie

If you make something taboo, the kids are going to want to find out more about it. Best to lay sex right there on the table for all to see. (pun intended)

All kidding aside, I'd rather pay for a couple of condoms than my tax dollars being spent on supporting some teenager's unplanned baby.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
How about...let the teenager pay for whatever it is & leave the taxpayer out of it.

MrBishop

How about...let the teenager pay for whatever it is & leave the taxpayer out of it.
That'd work great if teenagers were actually educated as to why they should be going and buying the damn things. As it is in many cases, they're misinformed as to the reasons for condoms, and are far too embarrassed to walk up to the counter at a local pharmacy with a box in hand - to face the looks and potential lectures that come with someone young buying them.