Shoutbox

A.B.Normal

Mare said:
Headed to Naples this morning to take a USPS test for mail carrier-Hope all goes well, really want this position, for my area!!!!!!!!!

goodluck.gif

Mare

Professur said:
Yeah, baby. Good luck (job interview on the weekend? )

Nothing like carrying a mailbag up and down the streets all day to firm up those luscious buttocks.

Yep, interview on the weekend! It was a job fair and they did it all in one shot day! Hear from them back in 9 days -to 3 wks. WENT WELL.

HomeLAN

According to the car (which is usually within a degree of other sources):

Temp in the shaded garage = 96 F (36C)
Temp on the sunny road = 104 F (40C)

Damn, I'm enjoying my pool.

Professur

HomeLAN said:
According to the car (which is usually within a degree of other sources):

Temp in the shaded garage = 96 F (36C)
Temp on the sunny road = 104 F (40C)

Damn, I'm enjoying my pool.

If you don't want me to come, just say so already.

HomeLAN

Taking the afternoon off. The spousal unit and child are heading to Wisconsin with my mother-in-law for a wedding the weekend of the BBQ. There's about a 65% chance they'll take my car (which means it won't be here for airport runs that weekend :( )

However, it's due for an oil change, tire rotation, and wheel balancing, so it's off to the dealership I go, to sit and wait on it.

Yes, I know - a dealership for standard maintenance. However, they're cost-competitive, they know how to do what I ask rather than what they "usually" do, and they have no problems with me standing at the end of the bay, keeping a eagle eye on them.

HomeLAN

We are if you are. Last I heard, the blockage was on your end. I'll have my cell if you need to call me.

They'll be leaving (assuming they do, in fact, go) Thursday the 29th.

BTW, I notice Prof hasn't been on today. When were they scheduled to hit the road?

Inkara1

I'm guessing pretty quick now. His OGame account is on vacation mode too.

Can you convince the spousal unit that the Taurus gets better gas mileage or something?

HomeLAN

Well, it finally rained. Christ almighty, did it rain. Since I was frantically draining the pool, I'm not sure exactly how much we got yesterday, but I'm thinking 3.5 inches. 2 of it came down in about an hour. More coming today.

And my house was a relative dry spot. I went downtown to take V2.0 to the children's museum. I missed my exit and had to turn around at the Ford plant exit. The return ramp on that bad boy is a loop. As I got to the end of that loop, there was a small lake, 1.5 to 2 feet deep, across the entire lane. Couldn't see it until you were about in it.

Not wanting to get stranded in the middle of it, I overrode my instinct to brake and goosed it. The motor began to over-rev due to the fact that the ass end of the car was starting to float just as I caught traction on the other side. No damage to the car, but it was damn close.

Poor Prof. 3 weeks of no water, and as he comes down the eastern seaboard it decides to catch up. Flooding this week all the way down the route he has to take to get down here.

HomeLAN

Well, I was close. Local rag says Marietta got 3.3 inches.

I'd like to know that Prof came through safely. Most of DC is closed due to flooding, and if he took the I-81 route, he's passing damned close to that.

AlphaTroll

Damn I drank too much last night. I have a flippen all-over hangover, my entire body hurts, from the head down to the toe.

AlphaTroll

I don't boink bunnies.

And last night I did not boink any other boinkable thing either.

Just drank so much my noombies cramped up.