*sigh*

IDLEchild

Anyone here suffer from memory loss? Which isn't caused by degenaration of neural tissue or entropy?

I read constantly (not books) but magazines, newspapers, instructional books, newsfeeds but can't remember shit 2 days later. I have read about so many various subjects because everything fascinates me, and I literally take interest in anything just so I can understand how it's done..problem is I can never really remember.

and even wierder is I can remember details with explicit clarity about things utterly useless while the stuff that is important all gets drained out.

It's disheartening because I like knowing whatever I can, i just wish I could remember it when needed :(

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I think you demand too much of yourself. You might be trying to remember stuff textually, which is practically not possible. I bet that if someone starts to talk about something related you'll know what to reply. It isn't necessary to have the knowledge present and textual the whole time, is enough to have it there when you need it.

IDLEchild

See that's true, but I do have it when the topic comes up but not in the fine details like I use to for the first month or so of learning it.

I guess it's too much in too little with too little usage for it to remain fresh.

tonksy

Maybe you are flooding your brain with too much information. Maybe you need to meditate or sit quietly and rest from time to time...that being said I can't remember shit, either.

chcr

Too cute for words
Anyone here suffer from memory loss? Which isn't caused by degenaration of neural tissue or entropy?

I read constantly (not books) but magazines, newspapers, instructional books, newsfeeds but can't remember shit 2 days later. I have read about so many various subjects because everything fascinates me, and I literally take interest in anything just so I can understand how it's done..problem is I can never really remember.

and even wierder is I can remember details with explicit clarity about things utterly useless while the stuff that is important all gets drained out.

It's disheartening because I like knowing whatever I can, i just wish I could remember it when needed :(

OMG, you're just like everyone else. I know you must be disappointed. ;) You should watch me looking for the screwdriver I laid down five minutes ago some time.

Interestingly though, if I write something down (an excellent way of remembering, BTW) I don't generally ever have to look at the note. Weird, huh?

tonksy

I can't remember the names of the mother's of the children in my kid's classes but I can remember the names of the Deal or no deal girls :crap:

tonksy

because those girls are hotter and in all probability, far more interesting.

Hotter? Some, yeah....more interesting? Not really, the Deal or no deal girls don't talk so how would I know?......but then again, the not talking is an improvement over some of the mothers :S