*sigh*

Jeslek

Banned
OK, due to some ... issues here in Canuckistan (boredom is a factor), I'm reviewing my choices in life. Now don't worry... I won't do something stupid, but could someone here just give me an outline of how ROTC works and what it exactly encompasses? Is there any ways of getting a degree in the military in return for service? I need some pointers here please :) Thanks guys... :)

unclehobart

ROTC is a classical college education slanted towards the vocation of your choice with the added charm of military discipline thrown in. You aren't obligated for military service until you sign up for your junior year... US speaking of course. I have no idea how other nations handle it.

Jeslek

Banned
unclehobart said:
ROTC is a classical college education slanted towards the vocation of your choice with the added charm of military discipline thrown in. You aren't obligated for military service until you sign up for your junior year... US speaking of course. I have no idea how other nations handle it.
I'm talking United States... Is there any ways of joining the "real" military and still get an education?

unclehobart

Lord yes. The military has more engineers and doctors and scientists than you can huck bricks at. The Army Corps of Engineers springs to mind.

Jeslek

Banned
unclehobart said:
Lord yes. The military has more engineers and doctors and scientists than you can huck bricks at. The Army Corps of Engineers springs to mind.
Can you point me to some websites or something?