Signature size limits

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the signatures here need to be toned down in size, so here are some limits you'll need to follow presently:

1) Signature pics are to be limited to 350x150 pixels if not accompanied by any text
1a) If they are to be accompanied by text, the picture is to be limited to 350x100 pixels

2) Signature text when not accompanied by a pic (not including standard ~15x15 size smilies) is to be limited to 4 lines of text at normal size, OR 6 lines of text at small size. A long line wrapping around is counted as another line, and these lines will be judged based on a 1024x768 screen resolution and with the browser's text size set to Medium, or whichever is the browser's normal, out-of-the-box text size.
2a) If there is a sig pic along with the text (see 1a), there cannot be more than 2 lines of text at normal font size, OR 3 lines of text at small size.

We still reserve the right to remove or edit a signature we deem sucky. :beerbang:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Afraid so. That divider image is 400 pixels. Even if you were to reduce it to just the little head with _'s around it (which would be considered a standard smilie size), it's still 6 lines of text. Now, if you were to reduce it to small text size ()...

We're trying to be as fair as we possibly can without allowing the forum to explode into a barrage of signatures several times bigger than the posts and without restricting people from having a decent signature.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Nihilistic said:
oh, what about meh?
Nihilistic, please reduce the length of your signature image to 350 pixels ;)

stewey, please reduce your signature to 4 lines in length at normal size or 6 lines in length at small size. ;)

PT: I <3 you :lloyd:

Raven

Annoying SOB
Squiggy said:
You're not real quick at picking up on humor. Are you Stewey? :D
Naw I found it funny I just didnt wanna interject with a humurous comment at that juncture :p

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Take out the extra enters or take out one of them and combine your two KoC links onto one line... e.g.

Join my legions of the lost and the damned! | Oh and my minion

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what's causing it. You're in the Registered Members group, with Contributors checked as an additional group, just like everyone else who has contributed since the upgrade to vB3... :mope:

Raven

Annoying SOB
maybe like the title says I'm just an annoying SOB? [manhug]:hug:[/manhug] thanks for trying anyway :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I fixed it by manually changing your displayed usergroup id to 0 which is what the other contributors have. Let me know if you experience anything weird, even a different PM box size limit or something.