SimCity 3k

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Finally got a copy of this. I think I'm just going to have to go without sleep for a couple weeks to get this out of my system. Stayed up last night til 3:30am making deals with the neighbors. Got out of bed this morning at 6:30. It's going to be a long day.

greenfreak

I never liked SimCity but I was playing The Sims on PS2 last night for hours. It's all strangely addicting. But if you explain the premise of the game to someone else, it sounds really boring, you know?

PT

I've always liked the Simcity games. I've got the Sims too, played it for about two weeks before I finally tore myself away from it. I know what you mean about explaining it to someone else. I was trying to tell my wife this morning why I stayed up until 3:30 in the morning. It sounded stupid to me. :retard:

Mirlyn

Played SimCity on the SuperNintendo for days when I was in middle school. Then 2000 came out, played it after school every day and at least a day on weekends for almost two years. Then 3000 came out and I played it just about as much. I love it. There is an expansion set for 3000, but I've only seen it bundled with 3000 (not sold separately). Has anyone seen this? Played it? I'm tempted to go find the bundle and just have two copies of 3000. :D

Last night we were out and my friend was like, "Why the hell do they have watertowers? It doesn't make any sense!" The rest of us explained it (gravity works ;) ) to him and I told him "Geeze...didn't you ever play SimCity??" and I realized something.....SimCity taught me A LOT of stuff. :) No shit, I mean, everything made sense, and it was usually how it is in real life (except for the way cars would appear out of nowhere on the roads--that always baffled me).

Anyone played SimCity 4 yet? One of my friends' got it, but haven't heard much from him lately. Maybe he's off playing it. ;) I think I'll go buy it tonight. :headbang:

PT

:rofl: I just got 3k, you want me to get 4? I'll probably wait til 2005 or so, when Simcity 8 is out.

Ardsgaine

That stuff is like heroin, man. I haven't played SimCity in years now, but I recall having Jan come into the computer room one morning as the sun was coming up to find me sitting in front of the game, twitching. I can't even remember which version I had, but it was pretty basic.

Anyone else enjoy Railroad Tycoon? I have RT2 somewhere, but I can't find the disk. I've been wanting to track it down so I could play some more. I don't know where the disk has disappeared to. :grumpy:

PT

Ardsgaine said:
Anyone else enjoy Railroad Tycoon? I have RT2 somewhere, but I can't find the disk. I've been wanting to track it down so I could play some more. I don't know where the disk has disappeared to.
Ardsgaine said:
but I recall having Jan come into the computer room one morning as the sun was coming up to find me sitting in front of the game, twitching

:rofl: Yeah, I wonder where that disk went.

Ardsgaine

PuterTutor said:
Ardsgaine said:
Anyone else enjoy Railroad Tycoon? I have RT2 somewhere, but I can't find the disk. I've been wanting to track it down so I could play some more. I don't know where the disk has disappeared to.
Ardsgaine said:
but I recall having Jan come into the computer room one morning as the sun was coming up to find me sitting in front of the game, twitching

:rofl: Yeah, I wonder where that disk went.

:hmm:

Jaaa-aaan!!!! :grumpy:

She better gimme back my disk...

kuulani

I love to play SimCity and the Sims, when I get a chance too. I also started to play my sister's Roller Coaster Tycoon. omg, where do the hours go when you're playing those things!!

Inkara1

Overall, I like SimCity 4 a little better. It lets you build an entire county full of cities, instead of just one. You can then negotiate deals between them and stuff. The only problem is that it's extremely hard to get a good city going in SC4 without getting in financial trouble. Stuff's expensive, the money doesn't come very much, and you get billed monthly. There's a limit of $2 million in loans, and if your coffers get to -$100,000 you get ousted from office. So, it's a lot more challenging.

Mirlyn

Inkara1 said:
Overall, I like SimCity 4 a little better. It lets you build an entire county full of cities, instead of just one. You can then negotiate deals between them and stuff. The only problem is that it's extremely hard to get a good city going in SC4 without getting in financial trouble. Stuff's expensive, the money doesn't come very much, and you get billed monthly. There's a limit of $2 million in loans, and if your coffers get to -$100,000 you get ousted from office. So, it's a lot more challenging.

Hmm, I always thought it was a requirement to go into debt when playing in 2k and especially in 3k :shrug: Just whether you can manage yourself well enough to pull out of debt or not.

Dave

haven't played that in awhile..

....displaces a lot of stuff looking for copy of sc3k...

Dave

hmmm.....medievel: total war.....

(if you think sc3k is addictive, try this...you'll love the rush... :D)

PT

Spot said:
note to self...organize 'puter desk....

What are you, some kind of nutcase?

And thanks, I can feel that little icon pulling at me now, If I'm gone for the next 12 hours, it's Spots fault.