Sking

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Soooo I am going to learn how to ski this weekend (or try to learn how to ski I should say). Please pray for me to return home without any major injuries...

So, yeah, I'm gone until Monday afternoon...don't fret, I'll be back.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
wear a helmet, or stick the bunny slopes. You picked the right place to learn some of the best skiing in the world (I assume you are driving a couple of hours west?)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm gonna be sticking to the bunny slopes I predict.

We're driving 9 hours west, Red Mountain in Rossland, BC. It's about the same drive for the folks in our Vancouver office, they're meeting us there.

greenfreak

Good luck, be safe, and if you think you're going too fast, sit down. :laugh:

But seriously, don't feel bad if you hate it. I've given skiing a try three times and still dislike it. I'd rather sit in the lodge in front of the fire with a hot beverage.

chcr

Too cute for words
Would this be anything like skiing??? :p

Seriously, before I screwed my legs up so much I used to love to ski. I would like to very strongly suggest a class. You'll learn how to control your skis and, more importantly, how to stop (without sitting down although that does work). Skiing is not intuitive and a few even rudimentary skills will add greatly to your enjoyment of the experience.

GF already understands the best part of skiing though. Don't set your feet on fire. ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I always wanted to take it up. Speed, outdoors, girls below me...what else could you ask for?

Oh, that's right, it's friggin' expensive.

Where's my video game?

Have fun & break a leg.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I went skiing...once. They actually have it on film. I think its called "The Agony of Defeat"...:D

I face-planted on the "bunny" slope

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Well, I had to bail an hour into the two hour lesson because the boots and my feet/legs do not agree...my calf muscles tightened up so much I could barely stand. I was gonna try snowboarding today but then we decided to leave early and come home and I didn't wanna go from a snowboarding lessons directly into a car for a 7.5hour drive (my muscles would end up being so sore and tight). So, I'm gonna give snowboarding a try next fall I think.

Oh, didn't spend any time in front of the fire...but spent plenty in the hottub at the condo we stayed in :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Thanks, after a short walk my legs were stretched out again and I was good (but wasn't silly enough to try it again).

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
So, I am not going skiiing this time but I'm definately going somewhere with a lot of snow!

I am headed back to Ontario to surprise my mom for Easter. I'm leaving today right after work and I'll be back next Thursday (27th). I'm sure I'll be around off and on while I'm in Ontario but I'm gonna be pretty busy (how I have so many plans when hardly anyone knows I'm coming kinda baffles me...). Lotsa <3 :)