Slim *chortle*!!!!

Professur

With that steeple you guy's have, an invisible installation is a piece of cake. (good Lord, should I just (18) open a business driving around the south installing dishes for people who can't get installs from local companies?)

unclehobart

I think theres a state law requiring that you be a complete imbecile or convicted felon in order to be allowed to do dish installs.

unclehobart

It seems like it... that or they never do background checks on these people. They seem to be a dumping ground for people that don't make nice-nice with society.

Professur

That would explain SnP's inability to get a decent install. I recently installed one in a false dormer. Their condo agreement didn't allow for a dish to be visible from the street. Wonderful for all the people on one side of the street, but the other side was getting screwed. So they got a contractor to install a pair of false dormers on their roof, and in place of windows, we used the same material that they use for covering dishes against rain and snow. Works great.

unclehobart

Yeah. Theres a perennial story during sweeps month for the local news channels where the heating/air conditioning companies, cable and dish people, carpet cleaners... basically all types of service companies that end up doing work inside the home have a percentage-wise high level of ex-con rapists, molestors, theives and whatnot. They don't do background checks because they can't fill such mediocre pay jobs with the normal band of idiots.

Professur

unclehobart said:
Yeah. Theres a perennial story during sweeps month for the local news channels where the heating/air conditioning companies, cable and dish people, carpet cleaners... basically all types of service companies that end up doing work inside the home have a percentage-wise high level of ex-con rapists, molestors, theives and whatnot. They don't do background checks because they can't fill such mediocre pay jobs with the normal band of idiots.

Oddly enough, our company avoided doing home installs.

Inkara1

I met a few of these dish installers face-to-face. Some of them are a little sketchy but the door-to-door dish salesmen are worse.

Professur

Professur said:
That would explain SnP's inability to get a decent install. I recently installed one in a false dormer. Their condo agreement didn't allow for a dish to be visible from the street. Wonderful for all the people on one side of the street, but the other side was getting screwed. So they got a contractor to install a pair of false dormers on their roof, and in place of windows, we used the same material that they use for covering dishes against rain and snow. Works great.

Damnit. I just realized I gave away my secret to SnP.

Inkara1

...and he very well might not have noticed if you hadn't pointed that out as being your secret.