SnP and AllEars' won't be around much for awhile

majestyx

:crying4: I am so sorry to hear that SnP! You, Allears' and the youngun will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers!!!!! Please take care, and let us know if there is ANYTHING that we can do to help out!!!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Sucks...whenever you have a chance let us know how you guys are doing.

Best wishes.

Uki Chick

Holy Shit! Mike, Kimberli, I'm so sorry to hear what happened. I know I'm far away, but if I can do anything at all, let me know. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with everything!

Inkara1

Fuck, that sucks. I'm always a little paranoid that my apartment will end up the same way, since it's not all that much newer and I'd guess all the technology I've got in here might be stressing the wiring a bit, in addition to the original-equipment gas furnaces. Keep us posted on the recovery efforts. Also, I'm curious as to what started it; the story said "near the chimney" but that could be a number of things: creosote, wiring, etc. I do find it a bit strange that there was another fire in the area the next morning. Also, if you rebuild there, lobby the county board of supervisors to put in some fire hydrants; in both fire stories I read it said that water had to be trucked in.

Tip for the rest of us: the picture on the story page is actually a 2000x1325 JPEG image shrunk down via HTML, meaning you can view it at full size (in Firefox, right-click and select "view image," not sure in IE at the moment). The picture carries a lot more visual weight at full size.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Tip for the rest of us: the picture on the story page is actually a 2000x1325 JPEG image shrunk down via HTML, meaning you can view it at full size (in Firefox, right-click and select "view image," not sure in IE at the moment). The picture carries a lot more visual weight at full size.

http://www.greene.xtn.net/common/en...ieldname=picture1&tablename=news&recno=127464

Sorry to hear this SNP...seems you guys having quite a time keeping your heads above water...be strong :sadhug:

chcr

Too cute for words
I never know what to say either. I'd offer help if I could think of something I could do. I'm not that far away but other circumstances have me at a disadvantage right now. If you can think of something I could do to help, holler.

freako104

I do not know what to say but we are all here for you and wishing the best. Take care guys, you will be missed. Be safe

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Thanks you all. It's overwhelming to see everything you own burn.

FYI...in the photo...the upstairs window? That window is where our computer we used to talk to all of you was located. To your right/inside left of that window was the world famous music collection. The downstairs windows, from pictured left to right (forefront) was the bathroom, the kid's bedroom, and the den.

We do not have any info as to what started it. We know that at 1:05 PM a neibor drove past and it was fine. At 1:14, the first 911 call was logged, noting flames coming through the exterior walls.

9 minutes.

AlphaTroll

Oh my God, you guys sure are in for a helluva big break - it's been quite a rough ride for some time now.

I am so sorry for your loss :sadhug: