So, is there any word...

kat2220

Somebody say bike?? I've got my leathers, gauntlets and helmet waiting for a ride! I'm still upset that I had to sell my bike! :(

kat2220

I think there are MORE of us around. Do I know you from any other Boards? I am Kat at a bunch, and a Mod at 4.

HomeLAN

Well, you have three others from Mayretta besides you and me right here, plus another from Gainesville. Shame you weren't here last June. You could've come to the one at my place.

kat2220

I'm SOUTH of the Big Chicken.
I'm a newbie though (only 11+ years), and moved down from RI and was raised in ME and MA.

catocom

Yep, I'm in the foothills. :)

HomeLAN said:
Absolutely. Seems a shame to be passing through where everyone lives and not convoy up. Either through cell phones and/or walkie talkies (I have both), communications between cars should be doable as well.
I have a couple of walkie talkies too. We'd just have to get um on the same channel.

HomeLAN

catocom said:
I have a couple of walkie talkies too. We'd just have to get um on the same channel.

Heh. Mine are Mickey Mouse™ walkie-talkies! 18 channels to choose from! Can you tell he's a parent?

We might get 'em in sinc, if we spent 10 minutes or so.

tonksy

Kansas? I was contemplating some tired comment about tornados and ruby slippers but that's so....done.
I've never been to Kansas...what the heck, why not!

catocom

HomeLAN said:
Heh. Mine are Mickey Mouse™ walkie-talkies! 18 channels to choose from! Can you tell he's a parent?

We might get 'em in sinc, if we spent 10 minutes or so.
:D
I might be able to get 3-5.
I dunno if they'll sync or not eith the MM ones.???
We can rig a relay though. :nerd:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
catocom said:

Ya'll just need some of these...

469370.jpg

It'll serve two purposes at once...communication AND keeping ya'll within certain distance of each other thus ensuring the convoy doesn't fall apart :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
catocom said:
I've got 3 good "Cobras", and 2 "Midlands". They all work good together. :)

But do they keep the cars a certain distance apart? hmmmm?

HomeLAN

catocom said:

They have surprising range. I could get from the dock to the house last time on vacation, and that was probably 3/4 of a mile.

Put me in the rear, Nixy, and I'll guarantee you won't lose me on the interstate, unless I get pulled over.

catocom

Nixy said:
But do they keep the cars a certain distance apart? hmmmm?
Yeah, if you get out of distance, you'll have to step on the gas. :lol2:

yep these cobras with do a good 3/4 mile. ; (they have privacy filters too.) :D
I'm not sure on the midlands...maybe 1/2 mile???

kat2220

I have a 36 foot deck so COME ON OVER. Bring cases of beer, I'll give you the combination to the pool, ant pay for the wings! :D

Camelyn

Gonz said:
WHat fun is a vacation that you have to rush to the destination anyway? Anything over 13-14 hours, in a stretch, makes it work. 1500 miles? Drive, stop, drive, stop, eat, view, drive, stop.... the journey is as important as the destination.

Ain't that the truth. I could happily spend an entire vacation on the journey without ever having a destination :)