So, is there any word...

chcr

Too cute for words
Camelyn said:
Ain't that the truth. I could happily spend an entire vacation on the journey without ever having a destination :)
I used to do most of my vacations that way. Climb on the bike, twist the throttle and, "Let's see what's over this way..." Your only destination was home in time to go to back to work. :grinyes:

Probably still be doing it if I hadn't met Dara...

catocom

I don't have a cell....yet. :(

I'm think ing about that Virgin prepaid though. Would it work on that?

Inkara1

catocom said:
I don't have a cell....yet. :(

I'm think ing about that Virgin prepaid though. Would it work on that?

You could call anyone and they could call you, but the calls wouldn't be free. No prepaid service offers free calling to other subscribers.

Gonz, VZW to VZW calls are free in most cases, but not all. It depends on the plan. My dad's got an el cheapo plan that doesn't have that. So when we make a cell-to-cell call, it's free for me and not for him.

Professur

Cat, if you're looking at Virgin, let me know. I've got the K-10, and it's registered to a GA number already.

catocom

I was thinking about getting one of those verison phone setups that has coast to coast walkie talkie setup.
The phones are quite high though. :confused:

Inkara1

Yeah, that's the model of phone. It's the "candy bar style" (like most Nokias, although it's made by Kyocera) instead of being a flip phone.

The K10 is basically the K9 with a color screen. Both have a handy-dandy built-in flashlight.

catocom

Hmm, actually I think that's the one I was looking at, at RS.

How much you want for it Prof?

Professur

Number's not active, but the girl at virgin says that there's no charge to re-activate.

$49.99 phone with the $10 jacket/belt clip. $30?

ekahs retsam

If there are a few people who find it cheaper to fly in to KC I wouldn't mind taking 2-3 people back to Wichita some weekend if they want to pitch into the gas fund.