STAR WARS EPISODE II - ATTACK OF THE CLONES

MuFu

Originally posted by systems
Do you know that they have it on VCD in a country in South East Asia.

As well as here?!!! Wow... :headbang:[/sarc]

MuFu.

P.S. Up to three copies now... two are shit, one is shitter. Hasn't stopped me watching it 4 times already. :D

kuulani

Originally posted by systems
As for the show, I feel, Yoda's action scene is a little short, and the part where he jumps off the walls made him look like a Gremlin. lol

He reminded me more of a moth or a flying roach :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Originally posted by ris
sorry guys but can we lay off the obvious 'lookit i can d/l and watch it illegally' talk, its sorta against the basic guidelines with regard to warez

:rolleyes: :evilroll:

markjs

Banned
Episode 2 was good, it makes me wonder why episodes 1 and 6 sucked so badly. I can actually tolerate Return of the Jedi, up until the Ewoks, but they nearly ruin the whole film. The Phantom Menace was pathetic, lame story, lame acting, mostly lame charachters, only special effects going for it. In short I felt ripped off after seeing it, and I hardly remember the story it was so lame. I was very pleasantly surprised by Attack of the Clones. I thought it was very well done in every way, except the acting which wasn't wonderful at times, but I never thought it was bad either, and some of it was quite good. Screw the critics, it's a good film, and if you don't see it in the theater you are cheating yourself.

greenfreak

So far I've seen it twice and the sub-plot between Anakin and Padme gets worse every time. Neither one of them is convincing in their roles as lovers and there are two scenes with Anakin that make me cringe they are so unconvincing and bad--the ones where he says "It's not fair!" and "It's all Obi-One's fault!" and "I will be the strongest Jedi ever!"

Other than that, I really enjoyed it. I have to agree with Ku'u about Yoda's scene-the whole audience laughed the first time I saw it.

unclehobart

The only thing that made me truly cringe was C-3POs litany of uber pun one liners. I know hes the fall guy for most of the physical humor in the other films... but they crossed the line big time.

My large intestine almost jumped up through my neck to throttle my brain to snuff the pain from the one godawful scene of R2D2 dragging C3POs head across a battlefield and C3PO remarking, 'oh, what a drag'. I wanted to die right then and there.

MuFu

Originally posted by markjs
Episode 2 was good, it makes me wonder why episodes 1 and 6 sucked so badly. I can actually tolerate Return of the Jedi, up until the Ewoks, but they nearly ruin the whole film.

It's to do with the influence of a guy called Gary Kurtz. He produced the first two Star Wars films and American Graffiti, leaving Return of The Jedi halfway through production. At the time he left, there were no Ewoks, the film was essentially a tragedy, and there was no plot to destroy the Death Star, AGAIN. George Lucas has no interest in chracters, he's on a self-indulgent story-telling streak. It's a shame because EVERY Star Wars film could have been an Epic.

AOTC is pretty low-brow and not an "intelligent" film as such, but I guess it makes up for it in pure visual spectacle. I liked it. :D

MuFu.

greenfreak

Originally posted by unclehobart
My large intestine almost jumped up through my neck to throttle my brain to snuff the pain from the one godawful scene of R2D2 dragging C3POs head across a battlefield and C3PO remarking, 'oh, what a drag'. I wanted to die right then and there.

I actually thought that was funny. It broke up the tense mood while they were fighting. I didn't like the way they made a big deal about Anakin riding that beast. I thought it looked unrealistic (yes, I know it's all unrealistic-but this was more unrealistic to me) and reminded me of the part where he's trying to 'surf' that other beast earlier in the movie. Another *cringe*.