State of the Union Address

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Voodoo? He just rendered the Congress useless (moreso than they are now)

catocom

yep
just when you might though he couldn't get anymore arrogant...BAM!

narcissism knows no bounds

Mirlyn

I can't believe that nobody noticed his dictatorship unfold before our eyes.

SotU address

We don't need no stinking Congress.

Creating Executive Orders, isn't that an ability granted to him by the constitution you vehemently defend?

Don't forget, EO's can be (and at times are) reversed by any following president. Will your next leader revoke it? Watch out for the pie in your face.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Creating Executive Orders, isn't that an ability granted to him by the constitution you vehemently defend?

Don't forget, EO's can be (and at times are) reversed by any following president. Will your next leader revoke it? Watch out for the pie in your face.

No, an Executive Order is not a Constitutional right.

Even if they were, if the President decides to override Congress, then what is the use of Congress? A dictator needs no help.

Mirlyn

No, an Executive Order is not a Constitutional right.

Even if they were, if the President decides to override Congress, then what is the use of Congress? A dictator needs no help.
I didn't say it was a right, just an ability.
U.S. Presidents have issued Executive Orders since 1789. Although there is no Constitutional provision or statute that explicitly permits Executive Orders, there is a vague grant of "executive power" given in Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution, and furthered by the declaration "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" made in Article II, Section 3, Clause 4.
wiki
As for a dictator, this is the same ability exercised by our past dictators. I'm just asking whats the difference?

catocom

I don't think so.
Seems they had the 'Ruler', and or 'elitist', but not God mentality.
(note Oprah's new religion, and what Obama has said on the subject)

MrBishop

The last one talked with God and got answers... I think that he got far closer to the "God mentality' than Obama.

ResearchMonkey

thenewking49450smsm.png

catocom

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/29/face-face-obama-urges-gop-join-dems-job-creation-efforts/

I was watch as rep. Tom Price asked what he was supposed to tell his constituents
when they asked about the pres. saying the Republicans haven't sent they any ideas...
The pres. essentially said that they haven't sent them anything that wasn't debatable
by his annalist, therefore they haven't sent anything at all.

So, if something is sent that isn't fully in line with his ideology, he won't consider it at all,
but yet he says he isn't an ideologue?
Obama = Liar.

ResearchMonkey

Main Entry: ideo·logue
Variant(s): also idea·logue \ˈī-dē-ə-ˌlȯg, -ˌläg\
Function: noun
Etymology: French idéologue, back-formation from idéologie
Date: 1815
1 : an impractical idealist : theorist
2 : an often blindly partisan advocate or adherent of a particular ideology

Shoe fits.

ResearchMonkey

Main Entry: Bol·she·vik
Pronunciation: \ˈbōl-shə-ˌvik, ˈbȯl-, ˈbäl-, -ˌvēk\
Inflected Form(s): plural Bolsheviks also Bol·she·vi·ki \ˌbōl-shə-ˈvi-kē, ˌbȯl-, ˌbäl-, -ˈvē-kē\
Etymology: Russian bol'shevik, from bol'shiĭ greater
Date: 1917
1 : a member of the extremist wing of the Russian Social Democratic party that seized power in Russia by the Revolution of November 1917
2 : communist 3
Bolshevik adjective
The Bolsheviks, founded by Vladimir Lenin, were an organization of professional revolutionaries under a democratic internal hierarchy governed by the principle of democratic centralism, who considered themselves as the vanguard of the revolutionary working class of Russia
Main Entry: pro·le·tar·i·at
Pronunciation: \ˌprō-lə-ˈter-ē-ət, -ē-ˌat\
Etymology: French prolétariat, from Latin proletarius
Date: 1847
1 : the laboring class; especially : the class of industrial workers who lack their own means of production and hence sell their labor to live
2 : the lowest social or economic class of a community
In Marxist theory, the proletariat is the class of a capitalist society that does not have ownership of the means of production and whose only means of subsistence is to sell their labour power[1] for a wage or salary.
Main Entry: bour·geoi·sie
Pronunciation: \ˌbu̇(r)zh-ˌwä-ˈzē\
Etymology: French, from bourgeois
Date: 1707
1 : middle class; also plural in construction : members of the middle class
2 : a social order dominated by bourgeois
Marxism defines the bourgeoisie as the social class that owns the means of production in a capitalist society. Marxism views the group as emerging from the wealthy urban classes in pre- and early capitalist societies.
any questions? :retard:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I didn't say it was a right, just an ability.

I mis-spoke....It is not a power granted the President under the Constitution.

As for a dictator, this is the same ability exercised by our past dictators. I'm just asking whats the difference?

You really don't see the difference? That's very sad for our nation.

The differnce is, the Seante had already taken up this matter, decided it unworthy & passed on it. Obama, not liking this decision, over-rode the Senate. He bypassed their authority & overstepped his. So, by using powers not granted him by the Constitution, he made the Congressional powers his own, much like a dictator would do.

Executive orders are usually on matters that are temporary & not taken up by a house of Congress.

Interesting. Not a single one by those who fought & paid for the new nation.