Steelers vs Cardinals Super Bowl

2minkey

bootlicker
gotta root for the steelers. a klassic NFL team. not as cool as the raiders, but still kinda cool.

arizona is home to the country's highest percentage of fascists, and there ain't no good sushi in the entire fucking state. and where is that team even from? st. louis?? jesus, that's even lamer than arizona. pussies.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Home to the greatest number of fascists? *recalls Sen Goldwater with pride*

Inkara1

Originally from Chicago before St. Louis. The owner is the biggest cheapskate around.

I can't figure out why anyone thinks the Cardinals will win. The Steelers are simply a better team. They went 12-4 competing in a division that also included the 11-5 Ravens (although the Bengals went 4-11-1 and the Browns went 4-12). They went 6-0 against said division. The Cardinals finished 9-7 and went 6-0 in a division that included the murderers' row of San Francisco (second place at 7-9), Seattle (4-12) and St. Louis (2-14). The Steelers went to New England and beat the Patriots 33-10 on Nov. 30. the Cardinals went to New England on Dec. 21 and lost to the Patriots 47-7. Both those games were late enough in the season that they should be considered comparable to each other. Point differential: Pittsburgh scored 347 and allowed 223. That's best in the NFL for scoring defense. Arizona scored 427 but allowed 426. Only two teams in the NFC (Rams and Lions) allowed more points, and only four teams in the whole NFL (Chiefs and Broncos in the AFC) allowed more points. Also, both teams went 6-2 at home, but the Steelers also went 6-2 on the road while the Cardinals went 3-5 away from home.

Altron

Originally from Chicago before St. Louis. The owner is the biggest cheapskate around.

I can't figure out why anyone thinks the Cardinals will win. The Steelers are simply a better team. They went 12-4 competing in a division that also included the 11-5 Ravens (although the Bengals went 4-11-1 and the Browns went 4-12). They went 6-0 against said division. The Cardinals finished 9-7 and went 6-0 in a division that included the murderers' row of San Francisco (second place at 7-9), Seattle (4-12) and St. Louis (2-14). The Steelers went to New England and beat the Patriots 33-10 on Nov. 30. the Cardinals went to New England on Dec. 21 and lost to the Patriots 47-7. Both those games were late enough in the season that they should be considered comparable to each other. Point differential: Pittsburgh scored 347 and allowed 223. That's best in the NFL for scoring defense. Arizona scored 427 but allowed 426. Only two teams in the NFC (Rams and Lions) allowed more points, and only four teams in the whole NFL (Chiefs and Broncos in the AFC) allowed more points. Also, both teams went 6-2 at home, but the Steelers also went 6-2 on the road while the Cardinals went 3-5 away from home.

And both teams got smacked around by the Eagles (The Steelers 15-6 after Ben got sacked 9 times, the Cardinals 48-20 with Westbrook getting 4 touchdowns), but we didn't make it :( :( :(

I liked the Jason Statham commercial for Audi

Inkara1

I was surprised the game was as close as it was, but at least now I'm vindicated. That's all that matters. :D

MrBishop

I am still hoarse from screaming at Harrison "RUN MoFo RUUUUUN!!!"

I f'n loved this game! The QBs put on one hellova show, that last second ballerina catch was a beaute!

*Prof: A few of the American commercials made it to Can-tv. The Budweiser ads, f'r instance.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
This is the first superbowl I watch since Joe Montana :eek:

The game was great, I'm no fan of either team, but I was hoping the cardinals would win.