Sucks to be in Atlanta

unclehobart

The sports industry in Atlanta sure is hot... not

The 1-5 Falcons have benched QB Harrington in favor of Byron Leftwich. I don't know why the QB is being blamed when the entire receiving core has been going through a mental block stage and dropping passes left and right. They are demoralized.

the 0-6-0 Thrashers hockey team just dumped their manager. They are on like a 10 game losing streak back from last year. gag.

Atlanta favorite son Evander Holyfield loses a bid to unify a piece of the boxing heavyweight title in a Moscow match over the weekend. He is a dinosaur of the boxing realm at 44 though. He should have retired around the time Tyson bit his ear off. George Foreman he is not.

The Atlanta Hawks are an entrenched feeble performance going back 20 years.

...but things are looking up! Were getting a WNBA franchise! ... zzzzz

Sharky

...and you can't even water your lawn.

Hell, in a couple of months you won't even be able to take a freakin' shower: "Without any intervention, we are likely to run out of water in three months," said Carol Couch, the director of the Environmental Protection Division in Georgia.

Lake Lanier is going to completly dry up. I have a 30' sailboat in a marina on Lake Lanier which is trapped because the water is too shallow at the end of the docks to get out. Even if I could get it out of the marina, all the hoists are closed and the boat cannot be pulled out of the lake. Some friends of mine are building braces to keep the boat upright when it dries underneath. Currently there is 18 feet of water under the keel, but it's dropping fast.

I realize that it's a minor problem compared to the city running out of drinking water, but it illustrates just how bad the drought is. In the 28 years the boat has been on that lake, it has never been anywhere near this bad. The worst I can recall is the lake level being down 19 feet. It's currently down 27 feet and dropping a foot a week.

There are a lot of reasons besides sucky sports teams why it sucks to be in Atlanta.

sorry for the hijack, Unc.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
EPA. Yep, they know everything. I wonder, are we out of oil yet? It is 2007 after all.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
The sports industry in Atlanta sure is hot... not

The 1-5 Falcons have benched QB Harrington in favor of Byron Leftwich. I don't know why the QB is being blamed when the entire receiving core has been going through a mental block stage and dropping passes left and right. They are demoralized.

the 0-6-0 Thrashers hockey team just dumped their manager. They are on like a 10 game losing streak back from last year. gag.

Atlanta favorite son Evander Holyfield loses a bid to unify a piece of the boxing heavyweight title in a Moscow match over the weekend. He is a dinosaur of the boxing realm at 44 though. He should have retired around the time Tyson bit his ear off. George Foreman he is not.

The Atlanta Hawks are an entrenched feeble performance going back 20 years.

...but things are looking up! Were getting a WNBA franchise! ... zzzzz

They should use some of that money Vick had to pay back to sign up a decent QB...;)

unclehobart

We could have Tom Brady today and it would do no good as there would be no money left over to buy seeing eye dogs for the receiving corps.

unclehobart

Hell, in a couple of months you won't even be able to take a freakin' shower: "Without any intervention, we are likely to run out of water in three months," said Carol Couch, the director of the Environmental Protection Division in Georgia.

Lake Lanier is going to completly dry up. I have a 30' sailboat in a marina on Lake Lanier which is trapped because the water is too shallow at the end of the docks to get out. Even if I could get it out of the marina, all the hoists are closed and the boat cannot be pulled out of the lake. Some friends of mine are building braces to keep the boat upright when it dries underneath. Currently there is 18 feet of water under the keel, but it's dropping fast.

I realize that it's a minor problem compared to the city running out of drinking water, but it illustrates just how bad the drought is. In the 28 years the boat has been on that lake, it has never been anywhere near this bad. The worst I can recall is the lake level being down 19 feet. It's currently down 27 feet and dropping a foot a week.

There are a lot of reasons besides sucky sports teams why it sucks to be in Atlanta.

sorry for the hijack, Unc.

Don't worry about the hijack. Its all valid. I've always lived here and yet I don't recognize the place. I don't see natives at all anymore. Its all New Yorkers, New Jerseyites, Chicagoans, Colorado, Alabama. The growth has been unnatural. Unnatural to the point that it seems almost cancerous. I've been wanting to bail out for a while... but I need to get the kids through school first... then I can scramble for the hills... or south Texas... somewhere besides here.