Superbomb

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
thetimesofindia said:
US 'E-bomb' to destroy Iraqi communications
PTI[ FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2003 09:53:19 AM ]

WASHINGTON: US has developed an 'E-bomb', which discharges high velocity electromagnetic pulses, whose use in the anticipated Iraq war is being considered, which is so powerful that it can permanently disable electrical and telecommunications systems, a report has said.

The E-bomb not only would disable Baghdad's command and control systems, but it could fry the circuitry of missile systems, even those in underground bunkers beyond the reach of conventional bombs.

The weapon has not been tested in battle but some Air Force commanders said that using such a weapon, which was long in development and is veiled in secrecy, would give the US a decisive initial advantage.

Officials said that it could be used as a bomb latched to the back of a cruise missile guided by satellite to a specific location or as a beam from a fighter jet or an unmanned plane.

The E-bomb has been in development by the Air Force for more than a decade. The weapons are part of the US military's efforts to harness high power energy sources for both disruptive and destructive purposes, without causing huge civilian casualties or the destruction of property.

In the E-bomb, a copper coil or other metal conduit would disseminate a rush of electric power in all directions.

Not only would it fry the circuitry of its initial point of contact, but the energy also "can be carried through local electrical circuits to the intended target even if the bomb misses by a considerable distance," according to the Lexinton Institute's Loren Thompson.

HeXp£Øi±

ooooh fuck that. I'll wait til it comes on the news. I already own the realplayer it should just play the damn thing.

Thanks though Gonz.

Professur

I saw the schematics for that e-bomb. A highschool science major could build it, once he knows what to do with it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The Iraqis will hate us if we use it. How will they watch CNN without circuit boards in their illegal satelite systems :D

Professur

Should maybe get Bill Gates in on this. He's been building stuff that blows up in our faces for years.

HeXp£Øi±

That nbc link just crashed the shit out of my machine. Didn't even have time to ctrl+alt+del. Let's try this again....

HeXp£Øi±

I'm bloody now and i've been forced to update my realplayer. Let's try again. If you don't hear from me in five minutes...just wait longer.

HeXp£Øi±

They just played it on cnn FINALLY.! F***ing realnetworks anyway. I never realized just how much shit they have to download. Literally dozens of apps that all essentially do nothing but hog memory and record your every action.

Professur

Does anyone have any numbers on how this thing compares to the Oklahoma bomb? How does a million dollar bomb compare to a $20 rental van filled with $1000 of fertilizer and $200 of regular unleaded.

madrin

Damn you, Professeur! Damn you to hell!

Now I see the face in that cloud !

Professeur: Angry Canadian or secret National Enquirer Editor...?

you decide...

MADrin