Swine flu

You know what gets me? It's all those people wearing masks, as if that will protect them. I agree with Prof, panic is a waste of time. The way I figure it, if you get sick you get sick so take care of yourself, and if you don't you don't but it's not a reason to change your life for.

Professur

You know what gets me? It's all those people wearing masks, as if that will protect them. I agree with Prof, panic is a waste of time. The way I figure it, if you get sick you get sick so take care of yourself, and if you don't you don't but it's not a reason to change your life for.

what will protect?? WASH YER FUCKING HANDS!!!

Almost miraculous how effective that little bit is. And not with that hand sanatizer shit either. Good old fashioned soap and water.

MrBishop

They're wearing masks because it's the most effective way, other than hand-washing on a regular basis, to prevent spread. :shrug:

This flu is like other flus. You get sick and if it doesn't hit you too hard, you come out of it...usually flus affect the young and the old because of their weaker immunity systems. This one affects the adults harder than the kids/seniors. Looks and feels just like a regular flu..'cept it can kill ya if you don't treat it early...with Tamiflu™.

So..panic, no!

Wash your hands more often than you normally do, and if you get a 'flu', go see your doctor about it. Beats bringing it home and to work as well, eh.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Update: I'm back at home now, a few minutes ago they announced that all schools of all levels in the country will be closed until May 6th.

MrBishop

Update: I'm back at home now, a few minutes ago they announced that all schools of all levels in the country will be closed until May 6th.
Holiday!! ... or it would be if you were allowed to go to shows/concerts etc, eh.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Holiday!! ... or it would be if you were allowed to go to shows/concerts etc, eh.

More like stay at home, browse the internet and play some games. Panic and paranoia or not, I'm not taking my chances until the situation is under control and the amount of medication is enough for everybody.

MrBishop

Ooh...bet that helps...not!
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico was hit by a 6.0 magnitude earthquake Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of deaths or damage in the capital, Mexico City.

The USGS said the quake hit 19 miles south-southeast of Tixtla, Guerrero, about 150 miles from the capital, Mexico City. Its epicenter was 25.6 miles deep.

Buildings in the capital shook. The city and its surrounding area have a population of around 20 million.
A civil protection official said there were no immediate reports of deaths or damages from the quake in Mexico City.
Quakes of this magnitude are classified as strong and are capable of causing severe damage.

The quake hit as Mexico dealt with an outbreak of swine flu that has made hundreds of people ill.
Mexico's health minister, Jose Angel Cordova, said on Monday that the outbreak was suspected to have killed 149 people in the country and the number of cases was seen rising.
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE53Q4ZL20090427

catocom

More like stay at home, browse the internet and play some games. Panic and paranoia or not, I'm not taking my chances until the situation is under control and the amount of medication is enough for everybody.

I hear ya man.
I'm wiping down places mr B mentioned also depending on the traffic, around my house.

I was just doing some cooking teaching to my niece, and Really stressing
the safe in handling eggs, and the cross contamination speech.
I had a friend that worked for OSHA. :D

Inkara1

Earthquakes are about as common in the Mexican highlands as they are in California. A 6.0 is a "nice foot massage" for us. :D

MrBishop

Not pandemic quite yet... we're at level 3. Level 6 puts us at pandemic.
Oops...Phase 4
The World Health Organization has raised its pandemic alert for swine flu by one level to phase 4, two steps short of declaring a full-blown pandemic. WHO says the phase 4 alert means sustained human-to-human transmission is causing outbreaks in at least one country. It signals a significant increase in the risk of a global epidemic, but doesn't mean a pandemic is inevitable.
“The pandemic phase alert should increase from Phase 3 to Phase 4,” said Dr. Keiji Fukuda, assistant director for health security and environment.
In a turn of events that borders on the absurd, Hurricane Catlyn the third hurricane of the 2009 season has struck the edges of Mexico. Local scientists are debating how exactly a strength 2 hurricane had enough sustained winds to pick up such a large percentage of amphibians from nearby marshlands, but what is not being debated is the effect on the populace of downtown Mexico City, as they suffered a neo-Biblical rain of frogs shortly after 3pm local time. "¡ Aye Caramba !", several residents were quoted as stating when asked about this third incident.
Link

catocom

This is b/c Jesus hates them. They have not worshipped Jesus enough, so they're getting shit dumped on them:
Step 1 - Swine Flu
Step 2 - Earthquake
Step 3 - coming up... frogs.

not Jesus, prophecy, and that some think they need to try to hasten.

i'm more prone to think bio-terrorism...

BeardofPants

I don't think this is going to be anything more or less than what SARS was (a storm in a teacup). Problem is, I think it is a bad combo w/ the recession. It's gonna do great things. :retard:

catocom

it's misdirection somewhat, but for what?
haven't quite figured it out yet, unless it's to divert attention from obama's
war disapproval, by the anti-war crowd, on his news today.

gotta be something more than that though....hmm
Still may be about the budget though.