Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

spike

Hopefully I'll have time to see Talladega this weekend.

Anyone else checking it out?

photo_22.jpg

spike

Have you like Will Ferrel in anything? The movie is getting good reviews but maybe he's just not your type of comedian.

Professur

spike said:
Have you like Will Ferrel in anything? The movie is getting good reviews but maybe he's just not your type of comedian.

Well, given that I find him about as funny as food poisoning ... you may be right.

Inkara1

Well, the recurring "cheerleader" sketch was really annoying too... Elf was OK, not great but not too annoying.

spike

Huh, reviews a good. Anchorman was funny. He did one of the best Bush impersonations ever on SNL. I don't know what you guys have against him.

Weird.

majestyx

I don't have anything against him personally. I just don't care for his style of comedy. Just my own personal opinion. Therefore, no, I won't be watching this movie of his either. I don't recall ever seeing any of his other movies either. That is, seeing anything more than what the commercials for the movies show.

chcr

Too cute for words
spike said:
Huh, reviews a good. Anchorman was funny. He did one of the best Bush impersonations ever on SNL. I don't know what you guys have against him.

Weird.
I watched about twenty minutes of "Anchorman" on cable one night. I know a lot of people liked it but I thought it was one of the stupidest pieces of shit I've ever seen. :shrug:

There's no reason why we should all like the same stuff, is there?

Gonz said:
No.

The last SNL comedian worth his salt was, lemme see, Eddie Murphy?
I used to like Dennis Miller until he decided he really was a newsperson.

chcr

Too cute for words
tonksy said:
Adam Sandler has his moments.
The jewish christmas song is kind of funny. The only movie I've liked him in so far is "50 First Dates."

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
*slaps forhead* forgot about Dennis Miller.

Sandler...I won't purposely not see a movie because of him but I won't spend a dime because of him either.
l
Most morning jocks & SNL cast (and not a few others) just seem like 13 year old boys telling 13 year old boy jokes. They were funny when I was 12. :shrug:

chcr

Too cute for words
Well, I remember when the whole show (SNL) was intelligent. funny and relevant but then I'm really old.

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:
Won't watch it.
I don't now. Thirty years ago though....

*realizes that most of you that were alive then probably weren't allowed to stay up that late*