Tattoos

Kittie

tonksy said:
okay...here we go:
1. armband - yes it goes all the way around.
2. chinese character for good fortune....on my back.
3. faery - left calf.
4. wristband - my favorite...only one flower on the front the rest is leaves.

I have a painting of that faery on my wall ^_^

Professur

Abso-fuckin-lutely, Inky. In fact, I may decide to get it the weekend of the BBQ. Fitting, t'would be.

tonksy

catocom said:
yep, it is now.
OK well....Once upon a time..... :D
I worked on the docks at a chicken plant (Fieldale to be exact)
loading trucks, by hand. There were/are big rollup doors where the
truck backup to th docks. After one of the trucks is loaded, we'd
close the doors to keep the heat, or cool whichever the case maybe,
in. One of the trucks pulled out so I was the handtruck loader at that
time, an upper postion on the docks, ;) and there was a glove stuck
in the side-track of the door, preventing it from closing. It was about
10 feet high, and so I thought I'd just jump up and clinch it between
my first 2 fingers and snatch it out. Well it didn't come out, and I
was already on my way back down. The next thing I knew everything
but the fingernail was gone, and they removed that at the hospital.
:behead:
So, ... no more finger tip on that one.
They did give me $1300 for it though.
I don't think it was a very fair trade. Of coarse that was near 20 years ago.
$1300 went a little farther back then. :eh:
did it hurt much? did you ever find the other piece? could they not reattach it? do you have good mobility? huh? huh? do ya? do ya?

catocom

A.B.Normal said:
Not disabling:confused: ,hows he gonna get his point across to the @asshole who cuts him off ,the guys gonna figure hes just making a fist.{my apologise (sp) if that was in bad taste}
:grinyes:
I crack similar jokes about that quite a lot myself.

I am left handed mostly so it took me a while to learn how to write again,
and just ruined my typing ability.
The doc was going to cut back the whole first joing, but I ask him
if he could leave it, as I wrote with that hand.
He said to a nurse passer by, "Mister Cato has presented me with a challenge"
I thought *shit, this guy should make all his cases a challenge!*
*He's playing with people's lives here!*

tonksy said:
did it hurt much? did you ever find the other piece? could they not reattach it? do you have good mobility? huh? huh? do ya? do ya?
Yep it hurt like a som-bitch.
Nope ever found the piece(s). It was more like ripped off that cut.
I don't think they could have reattached it even if it was found.
On the up side, yes I have very good mobility. I looks really
funny if I hold that finger with my other had ,and just wiggle the nub part :D

MrBishop

Professur said:
Abso-fuckin-lutely, Inky. In fact, I may decide to get it the weekend of the BBQ. Fitting, t'would be.

There are two places in MOntreal which are almost painfully clear and have their own autoclaves. One is Tattoage Artistique and the other is the one that Cam went to. Adrenalyn.

I've seen my share of tta joints when I was selling my work, and in comparison...these are fab!!
Almost gone are the days of the little back-room with a dusty barber's chair and a so-so needle.

MrBishop

I'm not inked up...yet. I've designed many a tat for others, and several for sale...but between my own imagination and all the tat-books and mags that I've seen.

I've still got to finish Mrs.Bish's 3rd tat design, Cam's #2 & #3 tats (A celtic knotwork vine & A Triskellion). plus now I've got Raven asking for some work.

It's fun...but it's time consuming...plus...I'm my worst critic.

One day...before I'm 90, I'll have a tat. :D

Raven

Annoying SOB
And may I add thats some very fine work too!
You should consider going into business.....and this guy is web certified....psssssssssssh

Inkara1

MrBishop said:

I think it would be best to get one soon, before you get all wrinkly... it's easier to draw on skin that's still flat.

MrBishop

Inkara1 said:
I think it would be best to get one soon, before you get all wrinkly... it's easier to draw on skin that's still flat.

So...my 6-pack abs are right out of the question, eh?

Professur

MrBishop said:
I'm not inked up...yet. I've designed many a tat for others, and several for sale...but between my own imagination and all the tat-books and mags that I've seen.

I've still got to finish Mrs.Bish's 3rd tat design, Cam's #2 & #3 tats (A celtic knotwork vine & A Triskellion). plus now I've got Raven asking for some work.

It's fun...but it's time consuming...plus...I'm my worst critic.

Remember when I told you you could make money doing this very thing? Dumbass.

MrBishop

Professur said:
Remember when I told you you could make money doing this very thing? Dumbass.

I DID make some cahs on this...and Skateboard designs...just not a whole whack of it. About $20/tat and $40/skateboard. The latter barely covered the cost of the paint and the 4 layers of coating.

What I'm thinking of now is design of bumper-stickers. I'll have to doublecheck but I believe that I can get about 20-up on a single print (20 copies of a sticker on one pass-through of a large-format printer). I'd have to pay for the 3 layers though...bottom/colour/seal, plus the cutting. If I can get it to about $10-15/page...that gives me a $.50 - $.75/per sticker. If I sell it for $2/each...that's (1.5*20 - $30/sheet profit). I can try my hand at CPU stickers, which are smaller and I can get more up per print, and thus...more cash.

We'll see. I still have to contact my local printers to check the price/size for multi-layers cut in CMYK.

tonksy

hey bish? maybe you could come up with something interesting for me...i want another wristband...i want turtles...but i want a delicate kind of tribal feel and i also want to have color...maybe you could toss that around for a bit?

AlphaTroll

My pics didn't want to load from here....stupid assed public PC's :mad:

I can tell you what I have though - a ghecko on the bridge of my left foot and a snow crystal on my lower back - if I do get my home PC fixed (ever) I'll try post a pic from there.

Druidess

ok here goes :) , I have a dragon starting just above the middle of my back down to where the love handles are :D , I have a 2 baby tigers on my right shoulder, I have a mouse above my left breast, I have a hummingbird on the inside of my right arm (down towards the wrist), I have a Eye of Ra on the back of my neck, I have a butterfly on my right ankle, I have a flower on my right hip, ok now for piercings, I have my nose, tongue, right ear 4 times and left ear 2 times.
Well thats it so far getting another couple in a couple of weeks.

EDIT: above one tiger has hubby's name under tiger has son's name and next to the humming bird has daughter's name