Temperature anomoly 2010

spike

What's the connection between Hitler and fluoride?

Is our water fluoridation some takeover plan 70 years in the making?

Gotholic

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp11.pdf

Try this one instead of the conspiracy theorist sites.

None of the links I provided are "conspiracy" links aside from the first one. Also, just because someone is saying it is a conspiracy does make it de facto crazy. Conspiracies do exist whether you like them or not. Assuming everything is a conspiracy is just as bad as assuming everything is not. It is a fact the Nazis used fluoride to control the population.

I skimmed your link and it does not really contradict the links I provided in totality. However, it does seem to water down the effects of fluoride. Check out: http://www.holisticmed.com/fluoride/ & http://fluoridation.com/

Fluoride does not prevent cavities. Cavities are caused by acid. Fluoride does nothing against the acid. Even if fluoride did prevent cavities, the government has no right to mass medicate everyone. If the government was really concerned about our health they would be putting vitamins and minerals in our water, not fluoride.

Most people have at least a mild form of dental fluorosis. You probably do. Go in the mirror and see if you have any discoloration of white specs on your teeth - that is fluorosis.

valkyrie

Ingested fluoride incorporates into the structure of the tooth bone to strengthen it during development. It also prevents the acid produced by bacteria from de-mineralizating the tooth. It does not destroy the bacteria and it does not cure cavities.

Gotholic

Ingested fluoride incorporates into the structure of the tooth bone to strengthen it during development. It also prevents the acid produced by bacteria from de-mineralizating the tooth. It does not destroy the bacteria and it does not cure cavities.

Moreover, according to the National Academy of Sciences, fluoride is not an essential nutrient. This means that no human disease - including tooth decay - will result from a "deficiency" of fluoride. Thus, unlike real nutrients like calcium and magnesium, the human body does not need fluoride for any physiological process.

Source

Dr. Albert Schatz, Nobelist who discovered streptomycin, found several decades ago that sharks' teeth with their excessive fluoride would dissolve just as readily in citric acid as ordinary non-fluoridated teeth, laying to rest the hypothesis that fluoride would stop cavities. The dental people (American Dental Association) pushed aside this discovery and Dr. Schatz' discoveries regarding excessive baby mortalities caused by fluoridation in Chili, South America as insignificant.

Source

valkyrie

Fluorine is found in nature. It's one of the most abundant elements. You will only find it forming a stable molecule with something else because fluorine is highly reactive. We will ingest some of it whether it's added to our water or not.

No one here has said it was an essential element for making teeth or bone. Silly. :p I don't know where you got that from. LOL! Fluoride only helps to strengthen the tooth structure. Fluoride is a naturally occurring molecule found in rocks and it makes its way into the drinking water system.
"Elgin's water system has a small amount of naturally occurring fluoride, but it is not at the level recommended by the state."
http://www2.fluoridealert.org/Alert...fluoride-in-city-s-water-may-go-before-voters

Shark teeth and human teeth are different. Shark teeth are brittle and have no roots. Adult human teeth are meant to last a lifetime. Shark teeth shed.

Excessive fluoride can cause health problems for sure (fluorosis , which causes softening of the enamel of the teeth). Excessive magnesium can cause severe health problems and death (kidney failure) which you named as essential for good bone health. Fluoride added to municipal water is generally kept at a level of 0.7 ppm to 1.2 ppm.

I am willing to bet that you will find that the areas with high infant mortality is associated with the use of dry infant formula mixed with fluoridated tap water. This would raise the levels of fluorine ingested by the infant.
http://www2.fluoridealert.org/Alert...fluoride-in-city-s-water-may-go-before-voters
"Prinz' letter to the council also stated the Center for Disease Control and the American Dental Association issued advisories to parents of bottle-fed infants recommending they not use tap water to mix formula to protect the babies from excessive fluoride consumption. Although those in favor of fluoridating water say it helps the teeth of youth in low-income families, Bursell also pointed out that studies show low-income families are more likely to bottle-feed their infants and less likely to be able to purchase bottled water to mix formula. "To compound this situation, in the case of infants, there is no benefit whatsoever to fluoride. It has been conclusively established that the decay preventing properties of fluoride come from application directly to the teeth. Since infants don't have teeth, there is no benefit to them from taking fluoride. No benefit. Only risk. A risk that falls disproportionately on the least advantaged." Prinz encourages residents to read the article by Bursell. See the articles, 'My turn: What I learned on the Fluoride Study Commission' and 'Keep Juneau's water fluoride free' at JuneauEmpire.com."

Consider the use of chlorine to purify municipal water. Chlorine is toxic, yet we allow it in the municipal drinking water to prevent ingesting harmful bacteria. When I order water at a restaurant in "the big city" nearby, I can smell and taste the chlorine. It is so strong to me that it's like drinking water from a swimming pool. I have a well and we drink straight from it (no filter or purifier). No one bitches about the chlorine.

So, in a way, you are correct. Fluoride in higher dosages than the recommended low levels can cause severe health problems and even death in young children.

For the record, I don't think fluoridation of drinking water is necessary. I just don't like the argument against it using biased evidence. I also think the levels of chlorine in municipal water is also unhealthy. I don't see an uproar about that.

Gotholic

Fluorine is found in nature. It's one of the most abundant elements. You will only find it forming a stable molecule with something else because fluorine is highly reactive. We will ingest some of it whether it's added to our water or not.

Lead and arsenic is found in nature and is in water as well. However, lead and arsenic is not in all water supplies and the amount varies naturally as it is with fluoride. You will not ingest some fluoride all the time depending upon how active you are in avoiding it.

No one here has said it was an essential element for making teeth or bone. Silly. :p I don't know where you got that from. LOL! Fluoride only helps to strengthen the tooth structure. Fluoride is a naturally occurring molecule found in rocks and it makes its way into the drinking water system.

I had the impression you were saying fluoride is needed to strengthen teeth.

The fluoride put in water supplies is not from nature but is a by product from industrial waste.

Shark teeth and human teeth are different. Shark teeth are brittle and have no roots. Adult human teeth are meant to last a lifetime. Shark teeth shed.

You say shark teeth is weaker, however, it only furthers the point. Shark teeth would have to of been dissolved faster than human teeth but the pace was the same.

Excessive fluoride can cause health problems for sure (fluorosis , which causes softening of the enamel of the teeth). Excessive magnesium can cause severe health problems and death (kidney failure) which you named as essential for good bone health. Fluoride added to municipal water is generally kept at a level of 0.7 ppm to 1.2 ppm.

23. To avoid fluoride is to prevent more than 114 ailments listed with references in a book "Good Teeth Birth to Death" by Gerard F. Judd , Ph. D. These 114 medical side effects extend all the way from cancer down to headaches caused by 1 ppm fluoride in the water. Thirteen of these side effects are proved by a double blind study on 60 patients by 12 physicians, 1 pharmacist and 1 attorney.

24. The mechanism for destruction of enzymes by fluoride has been proven by x-ray studies. Hydrogen bonds are broken by fluoride.

25. Fluoride is the smallest negative particle on the face of the earth. Since the fluoride particles are so small and so intensely negative, they connect with the hydrogen bonds holding the enzyme coils in place and ruin every enzyme molecule at very low concentration, around 1-3 ppm. These enzymes are often 3,000 or more times the small size of the fluoride. The effect is ruinous.

26. To avoid fluoride is to prevent the destruction of 83 enzymes listed with references in Good Teeth, Birth to Death, by Gerard F. Judd , Ph. D.. Fluoride is a severe biological poison. Being intensely negative, it unlatches positive hydrogen bonds in enzymes AND proteins

Source

Consider the use of chlorine to purify municipal water. Chlorine is toxic, yet we allow it in the municipal drinking water to prevent ingesting harmful bacteria. When I order water at a restaurant in "the big city" nearby, I can smell and taste the chlorine. It is so strong to me that it's like drinking water from a swimming pool. I have a well and we drink straight from it (no filter or purifier). No one bitches about the chlorine.

I have read that if you leave your glass of water out for about and hour or so then the chlorine will evaporate.

I would think most do not complain because they are ignorant. Chlorine makes you brain fall apart and it kills good bacteria in your body

So, in a way, you are correct. Fluoride in higher dosages than the recommended low levels can cause severe health problems and even death in young children.

Fluoride kills enzymes needed for your teeth. It should be avoided.

For the record, I don't think fluoridation of drinking water is necessary. I just don't like the argument against it using biased evidence. I also think the levels of chlorine in municipal water is also unhealthy. I don't see an uproar about that.

There is no agenda other than to inform the public of the dangers of fluoride. Also, many people are aware of the low quality of tap water. It is why bottled water is a multi-billion dollar business.

jimpeel

It seems to be unusually cold in some places.

SOURCE

Peru Government Declares Cold Wave Emergency in 16 Regions

Caracas,
Sunday
July 25,2010

LIMA – The Peruvian government declared a state of emergency because of the cold wave gripping a number of districts in the nation’s 16 regions, according to an urgent decree published Saturday in the official gazette.

The decree covers all districts of the country more than 3,000 meters (9,800 feet) above sea level, as well as three regions in the Peruvian jungle that have registered strangely low temperatures in the last few weeks.

According to official figures, so far this year at least 409 people have died of pneumonia and ailments related to the cold weather, most of them younger than 5 years old (200 deaths) and over 60 years (158 deaths).

The emergency declaration, which has a duration of 60 days, covers districts in the regions of Ancash, Apurimac, Arequipa, Ayacucho, Cusco, Huancavelica, Huanuco, Junin, Lima, Moquegua, Pasco, Puno and Tacna, which in recent days reached a temperature of -24 C (-11 F).

A state of emergency was also declared in the jungle regions of Madre de Dios, Ucayali and Loreto.

The decree published Saturday also includes a series of measures that will allow regional and local governments to supply the affected populations with food and vaccines.

The armed forces were also called upon by Defense Minister Rafael Rey to carry out civic actions to help those populations most vulnerable to the cold.

valkyrie

Lead and arsenic is found in nature and is in water as well. However, lead and arsenic is not in all water supplies and the amount varies naturally as it is with fluoride. You will not ingest some fluoride all the time depending upon how active you are in avoiding it.
True

I had the impression you were saying fluoride is needed to strengthen teeth.
It is not a requirement.

The fluoride put in water supplies is not from nature but is a by product from industrial waste.
A by-product but obviously not waste, since it is used in toothpaste, fluoride treatments at the dentist, etc. If it were waste, it would be discarded. But I think I understand your meaning here.

You say shark teeth is weaker, however, it only furthers the point. Shark teeth would have to of been dissolved faster than human teeth but the pace was the same.
Apples and oranges. The best experiment would be with human teeth, not shark teeth.

Source

I have read that if you leave your glass of water out for about and hour or so then the chlorine will evaporate.
Bleh... it doesn't. It still smells and tastes like pool water when I leave the restaurant. And those pitchers of water sit out at the wait-staff's table and it still reeks of chlorine.

Most beginner fish tank sites will tell you to let the water sit out for 24 hours while pumping air through the water to get rid of the chlorine in the water. This site says municipalities are beginning to use a less volatile form that requires a de-chlorinating chemical to rid the water of chlorine for the fish.
http://www.firsttankguide.net/dechlorinator.php

I would think most do not complain because they are ignorant. Chlorine makes you brain fall apart and it kills good bacteria in your body
It also kills the bad bacteria. Municipalities often recycle treated water for household drinking water. But I'll stick to my well water, thanks. :)

Fluoride kills enzymes needed for your teeth. It should be avoided.
I don't have it in my well water. It's in my toothpaste which gets spit out.

There is no agenda other than to inform the public of the dangers of fluoride. Also, many people are aware of the low quality of tap water. It is why bottled water is a multi-billion dollar business.
I thought it was just because people are stupid enough to pay $2/liter of bottled water compared to $1.50 for 1000 gallons.

valkyrie

I figured he knew that, the Earth being round and all that. ;) I thought he was referring to the "state of emergency" because of the cold weather down there.

Gotholic

True
Apples and oranges. The best experiment would be with human teeth, not shark teeth.

Not at all. The experiment did involve human teeth. Human teeth in acid was compared to shark teeth in acid. Fluoride was shown to be ineffective in both examples.

It also kills the bad bacteria. Municipalities often recycle treated water for household drinking water. But I'll stick to my well water, thanks. :)

You are still losing good bacteria.

I don't have it in my well water. It's in my toothpaste which gets spit out.

Oh, but you still drink plenty of it. Anything made with "water" is municipal water unless otherwise stated and most municipal water is fluoridated.

Did you check your teeth for any white specs of discoloration?