Terrorisms new face

Discussion in 'The Real World' started by Gonz, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Gonz

Gonz molṑn labé Staff Member

Planes are out so they'll use cars.

SFGate

It appears to be another idiot run amock. Until you look at the larger picture.

Why aren't there armed gas marshalls stationed at random refueling points?

2. spike

spike New Member

I saw the story earlier. He's not a terrorist. He's a nut with a history of mental illness. Some crazy white woman drove her car into a grocery store a few blocks from here a month ago, I guess she's a terorist too.

3. paul_valaru

paul_valaru 100% Pure Canadian Beef

Are these news worthy because they are connected, or because the names are arabic.

With the amount of crime daily, unless you get 33% arabics targeting non-arabics it sounds like business as usual.

Unless they left notes, or claimed to have political motivations.

Naveed Haq shooting women at the Jewish Federation

though I will give you that one, targeting a Jewish place, and a arabic name, sounds like a political motivation

4. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

congrats gonz... you've beat the weekly world news to the punch in uncovering a vast conspiracy.

5. Gonz

Pre 2001, how many Arabs drove into groups of people or shot at American, in America?

6. spike

spike New Member

Go ahead and tell us. I'm guessing a similar number. Although, I'd put money down that there's been a lot more violence against arabs.

7. Altron

Altron Well-Known Member

I live in New Jersey. Large SUVs creating huge swaths of destruction aren't exactly news.

8. paul_valaru

Probably about the same, It is just news now.

Before you start looking at arabs, look at crime stats and find out which group is shooting the most people.

9. Gonz

Can't. That's racism.

10. paul_valaru

exactly

when or if these people are connected to a political or religious extrimist group, with an agenda of terror, then you can make claims of terrorism having a new face, until then it's just racism.

11. Gonz

Considering the current climate, intentionally targeting folks with murder on the brain isn't terrorism?

12. spike

spike New Member

Yes, considering the fear mongering I suppose even the crazy white woman I mentioned is a terrorist.

13. Gonz

:stfu:

1 person likes this.
  14. paul_valaru

no it's murder

when it's murder on the brain for a political or religious cause, then maybe it starts being terrorism.

15. Gonz

Arabs...Muslims...targeting American civilians...how bold does the line need to be?

16. spike

spike New Member

The terrorists in at least one of the Die Hards were just after money.

17. paul_valaru

then they where robbers, the word terrorism is bandied around way to much.

even a terrorist commiting a simple murder isn't using terrorism, terrorism is using death and destruction to create terror.

18. spike

spike New Member

What about crazy white women targeting American civilians?

19. spike

spike New Member

WAY too much. I heard the other day you're more likely to get killed by your bathtub than a terrorist. Oh, or a vending machine falling on you.

Yet we let them take away our rights, spend all our tax dollars, and convince us with their fear mongering to act like racists and conduct religious persecution.

20. paul_valaru

nothing like a false or exagerated enemy to stabilize a goverment.

and that goes for all countries and the UN, a spectre of fear is great if you are in politics