"that fatal apple ..."

nalani

Ok .. so I'm in "the Bible as Literature" class ... and the professor is talking about why he decided to teach this particular section. He's reading a poem and the last line is "that fatal apple ..." .... now, seeing as how this is a "Bible" class, the answer would be pretty obvious when he asked "what do you think that line is referring to? what story do you think the author is talking about?" ... but, because it was the first day of class and everyone is still feeling it out (and for me, the answer seemed pretty damned obvious), no one raised their hand with an answer ... then, one guy in the back of the class raised his hand. The prof pointed to him and this was his answer:

"The story of the Wicked Queen who gives the poisoned apple to the girl to kill her?"

and yes, he was dead serious.

:rolleyes:

nalani

and I seem to be the only one in all my classes that isn't a muslin and/or gauze wearing tree hugger :D

Plus, I shower daily :rolleyes:

kuulani

nalani said:
and I seem to be the only one in all my classes that isn't a muslin and/or gauze wearing tree hugger :D

Plus, I shower daily :rolleyes:

Are you the only one that wears a bra too? :D

nalani

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that wears a bra because .. well, to be honest, I'm not quite sure with some of them whether they're male or female :D

I do know that, although I don't brush my hair, I'm the only one that actually looks like I do :D

kuulani

nalani said:
I'm not sure if I'm the only one that wears a bra because .. well, to be honest, I'm not quite sure with some of them whether they're male or female :D

:lol:
Are you the only one that shaves? :D

nalani

I am most definitely the only one that shaves ...

the chins of the females are almost as hairy as the chins of the males :D

:rofl:

Ardsgaine

nalani said:
I am most definitely the only one that shaves ...

the chins of the females are almost as hairy as the chins of the males :D

:rofl:

Hey! As a TA for Philosophy of Feminism, one of my best students was a young womyn with legs as hairy as mine. They were perpetually skinned up and bruised, too, from playing frisbee football. :p

(She was actually kinda cute in a tomboyish sorta way. I like my women a little butch, though. It's that 40% ya know.) :p

Ardsgaine

Yes, children do seem to be getting bigger these days.

I remember when I went back to college to get my BA in Philosophy. I was sitting in French class on the day we were learning numbers, and the teacher went around asking us to give our age. All these little children were saying, "dix-neuf," "dix-neuf," "dix-neuf," and when she got to me it was "trente." Now it's trente-neuf, and the dix-neufs seem that much further removed.