The Annual Vee Sighting

unclehobart

Heck. We have several flocks of full time canadian geese setting up shop around here that never leave. They've even hatched their chicks here. Damn tourists.

chcr

Too cute for words
Heck. We have several flocks of full time canadian geese setting up shop around here that never leave. They've even hatched their chicks here. Damn tourists.

We have some that hang out all year in the pond at the stable accross the road. One of these days when I get ambitious I'll wander over and take some pics.

chcr

Too cute for words
I dunno, there's some pretty expensive horses over there, they might not cotton to me wandering around with a shotgun.

unclehobart

Not to mention that the frickin things are Federally protected for some reason. They sure as heck aren't endangered. You get more time in the pokey for shooting a goose than shooting the cashier at a 7-11 during a botched robbery.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
And the goose tastes better. Something to do with curry powder.

Lord, I apologize for that, and be with the starvin' pygmies over in New Gineau...

kuulani

I think people here would go ballistic if someone tried to eat our native goose. I just don't think it was done ... :shrug:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
They're flying out of here in droves. I guess this heat we're having is just Indian Summer and we're about to be slammed.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
took almost 2 months but the slam is coming tonight 30cm in 24 hours, saw many Vee's last night, the geese knew it was coming