The bailout in perspective

catocom

my of the top of the head guess would be something close to 100k per adult.
(not counting non-citizens)

MrBishop

I really don't see how this bailout is helping anything/anybody except the rich people that take it and have a party.
Trickle-down..think of all those people earning massive tips handing out hors oeuvres for those parties, the bar-men and waitresses..nto to mention the ho's.:elaugh4:

Eventually the doc treatin' gonorrhea (speaking of trickle=down) on the sly will make money. Then the luxury car dealerships...voila! You've solved GM's problem too!
:glasses:

GrandCaravanSE

Trickle-down..think of all those people earning massive tips handing out hors oeuvres for those parties, the bar-men and waitresses..nto to mention the ho's.:elaugh4:

Eventually the doc treatin' gonorrhea (speaking of trickle=down) on the sly will make money. Then the luxury car dealerships...voila! You've solved GM's problem too!
:glasses:

Well that is one way to look at it.:coffee:

2minkey

bootlicker
Nice try at demonizing capitalism. It works when real money gets made, not when tax dollars are redistributed.

okay mister superkapitalisto, send some trickle down my way ummkay?

or, wait, is this just something you have read about?

chcr

Too cute for words
It's amazing to me that anyone at all could look at the last 25 years and think that "trickle-down" might have worked. It's like saying that communism might have worked. :shrug: Only if there hadn't been human beings involved in it.

GrandCaravanSE

Its called runaway inflation. Read up on the Wiemar Republic.

OK, now i under stand it would make it worse.

On a funny note all the Big Three auto makers drove hybrids to D.C. instead of flying. i find that funny, i bet there was an agrument over whos is the best.

Inkara1

That was strictly a PR move. They flew private jets last time and that was a public relations nightmare.

jimpeel

The "private" jet harangue was just an excuse to have a bitchfest about the eeeeeeeeevil car company executives. The jets belong to the corporation, not the executives. I wonder how many times the corporations have lent those jets to lifeflight flights and organ transplant transport. Corporations do that all the time. They just don't brag about it.

2minkey

bootlicker
The "private" jet harangue was just an excuse to have a bitchfest about the eeeeeeeeevil car company executives. The jets belong to the corporation, not the executives. I wonder how many times the corporations have lent those jets to lifeflight flights and organ transplant transport. Corporations do that all the time. They just don't brag about it.

you have no idea how arrogant those guys are, jim. and i can say that as a dee-troit insider. (guess who paid for my dissertation research? yep, the big three.) evil? not really. but deserving of the harshest criticism? absolutely.

next time, post about something you know, like your pickup truck.

GrandCaravanSE

Damn evil car companys!!!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's amazing to me that anyone at all could look at the last 25 years and think that "trickle-down" might have worked. It's like saying that communism might have worked. :shrug: Only if there hadn't been human beings involved in it.

The last 25 years is a prime example of how well it does work. Lower taxes & reduced regulation (well, at least until a few years ago) sent stocks soaring & made millionaires left & right. 5% unemployment kept the shiftless employed long enough to keep 'em from jail.

If we'd only get out of the way of capitalism, it would work.

Has anyone else noticed, the government ran along quite well, even after 9/11 until a couple of years ago. What happened then? An election. The Dems were givenm the purse strings & VOILA!!! down the tubes we go.