the best time of your life...

dan

Everyone's said it... "man, that was the best time i've ever had in my life!"

So what was the best time you've ever had... when you think back over your life and all the cool things you've done and what made you feel best... the zenith of your life so far.

me, i'd probably choose one of a couple of times... the first time i ever went skiing, accidentally straying onto a black diamond and making it to the bottom without crashing or breaking anything... such a rush! or being right at the front of a 60,000 crowd watching garbage at reading festival a few years ago... such amazing good feeling running through everyone... energy crackling in the air between band and crowd...

it's a really hard thing, to choose *the* best moment when there's so many cool things to choose from...

let's hear your stories!

Scanty

Sep 9th last year, meeting Supergrass. :D It was for an NME article, so a group of us fans basically just hung out with them in this club in Islington, playing pool for nearly two hours. My best mate and I made friends with this couple who were also there, and who just happened to know where and when Supergrass were playing a gig that evening, and they asked us to go with them.
So instead of just going back home after the meet, we went to this channel 5 gig (free!) and we watched them play live. And....*drum roll* ...Gaz saw me in the crowd and waved. :love3: :toomuch:
It all just worked out really well, it was so cool.

Jeslek

Banned
I really don't know. There were a lot of them. I have to think first. "Best" and "most exciting" don't go together btw... :) At least for me.

AlladinSane

The whole year of 1993. I had friends that would look for me to party with them. Had just started to work and earn my own money. For the first time had a car 24/7 and had a tons of luck with nice girls.

nalani

there are many "best times in my life" ... most have to do with my kids and family ... but there's one ... that has nothing to do with my family or my kids ...

it's the time I knew 8.

whoreable

weird i think none of mine have to do with my family. i doubt they even have to do with my friends. and they probaly only lasted 30 seconds or so.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
just lying next to a close friend of mine in the gras in the summer while we were having a break from work.
for some reason that short period of time always stuck in my memory.

Psycho

My best moment? My mind would say it was the time I got my drivers license or car (that somehow ment more to me than school or getting a job) as it gave me a whole new kind of freedom (although freedom is limited to places I know, I'm a terrible map-reader :D)...

However, my heart would say the best moment was my first kiss (I mean the one where there's love involved, hate to say it was just a couple of months ago though). Nothing fancy, and it lasted about 1 or 2 seconds, but time seemed to fade away at that moment as well as the rest of the world, I never felt more alive and happy with my life...

...too bad I practically hate her now, but at least I don't regret anything. So I'll take what's behind door number 2 :).

greenfreak

My best time is now. :)

I noticed in my life that I would look back at times past and say that... "That was a good time in my life" but you know what? I didn't really know it then. So I try to appreciate every good thing when it comes, now. Instead of longing for what used to be.

That said, some really great times I can remember is the first time I was a part of a group of friends and felt accepted, and one of them liked me. Going to the beach, to concerts, hanging out doing nothing, going to proms and that excited feeling in my stomach that didn't go away for a long long time.

All the years of active status in my ambulance corps, good and bad. Even the bad ones taught me so much about myself and other people and made me thankful for the things I have and the people I have in my life. I really miss it, but I realize that that part of my life is over. Sometimes I think of going back... I could, quite easily. All it would take is a phone call, and it's really tempting. But I probably won't.

The first 6 months of living where I am with Rusty, travelling for work and getting paid more than I had ever gotten paid in the past. Seeing Rusty each day instead of each weekend, learning how to live with someone and depend on someone. We've had some challenges since but it's still great. :D

greenfreak

Psycho said:
However, my heart would say the best moment was my first kiss (I mean the one where there's love involved, hate to say it was just a couple of months ago though). Nothing fancy, and it lasted about 1 or 2 seconds, but time seemed to fade away at that moment as well as the rest of the world, I never felt more alive and happy with my life...

I still cringe when I think of my first tongue kiss. It was the boy who I mentioned in my last post too--I didn't know how to kiss and banged teeth with him more than once. After 14 years, I still get a little embarrassed when I think of that. :blush:

75renegade

Kodak moments for me are best realized in time I invest in listenin' to, an' bein' a part of what's goin' on in the lives of my children! (On a day-to-day basis) The simple moments of everyday life that we share. Like goin' to the skateboard store with my boys, playin' a "cool" video game with my step-son to be, or takin' my daughter to pick out her first pair of earrings!!

I think of my 12 & 14 yr old boys, who look up to me in such a way that I don't deserve. They seek my direction as they embark upon all the challenges that adolescent life brings. What a privilage to be here, for them, an' with them!

My 9 yr old daughter, eagerly seeks to hold my gaze, my attention. Wantin' to have the love an' approval of her father. She's always eager to seek out moments when she can connect with me, in the midst of missin' me, more days than not, since she lives with her mother.

I love the privilage of havin' my children's love, and the awesome opportunity to guide them an' encourage them, as they face their own overwhelming "trials".

In the wake of what proved to be a very painful divorce, in 2001, an' seperation from them, we, (they an' I), have grown so close, an' I'm jus' so glad to be here to share with y'all how proud of them I am!

I'm most eager to give them each, all the love an' attention, an' approval I can, in hopes that they might have the courage to face their challenges an' say, "I will beat this", "I will rise above!".

Also, I look so forward to the blessing an' the challenge of blendin' my family with the woman I love, come this June!

I'm jus' thankful that God, in His mercy, gives me breath, an' the privilage to have a part, in the lives of so many wonderful people!:)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I have a really hard time saying what the best time of my life was. I would have to put the births of my children down as the best overall though, there is nothing like holding a child for the first time.

Ardsgaine

That period of time when I was at home with Mom before I started school. Golden age of childhood. :headbang:

Fourth grade. I had some great friends, did well in school and girls still had cooties... :headbang:

Senior year in high school. I found a group of friends who had brains. I was more popular than I had been since... oh, grade school. Made straight As for the entire year... first time ever. :headbang:

Sophmore year of college. Bought a '65 Mustang. Still had my brainy friends. Took Calculus and Physics at the same time and did well in both. Was on the team that won the Junior College Math Olympics at UWF in Pennsacola. Felt like a fucking genius. Got laid for the first time ever that summer. Felt like a stud muffin... :headbang:

April 25, 1986. Met Jan. :headbang:

August, 1986. Sitting on a rock on top of a mountain in the Rockies. Rocky Mountain High-- and 100% natural! :headbang:

1987. Moved in with Jan in February. Dad survived a major heart attack and bypass surgery in March/April. Bought a brand new Dodge Dakatoa in August -- first new vehicle. Married Jan in December!!! :headbang:

1989/90. Took a second honeymoon with Jan after Christmas. Went to Disney World for the first time. :headbang:

1995. Got my BA in Philosophy from FSU. :headbang:

1996. Annalyssa was born-- amazing moment!! She was so gorgeous. :headbang:

2001. Levi was born-- a son!! Life is good! :headbang:

July 19, 2002. :headbang:

December 19, 2002. Fifteen years of marriage!!! :headbang: