The Big Unit in the Big Apple

abooja

Gato_Solo said:
BTDT...Charlotte a few years ago...Noisy as hell, too. Even through my AF hearing protection.
Charlotte was my first track too. I gather it did less for your adrenaline than it did mine. :confused:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
abooja said:
Charlotte was my first track too. I gather it did less for your adrenaline than it did mine. :confused:

I just never got around to going back due to personal financial difficulty. (divorce) Perhaps next year...

chcr

Too cute for words
abooja said:
BTW, need some real visceral excitement? Go to a live stock car race. ;)
Go to any AMA roadrace and watch the supersport guys go at it. Oh, and be prepared to not find stock car racing so exciting anymore.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
chcr said:
Go to any AMA roadrace and watch the supersport guys go at it. Oh, and be prepared to not find stock car racing so exciting anymore.

Bah. Go to a rally. Watch small, overpowered, cars go at lethal speeds on gravel and dirt roads. Now that's exciting... :lloyd:

abooja

I'd be glad to see a damn tortoise race at this point. Still going through post-season withdrawal.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What's a livestock car race?

Drive fast & turn left is not racing. Making your machine fly thru the air while surrounded by others flying thru the air, landing & doing a 180 turn....now that is racing.
motox.jpg

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
Bah. Go to a rally. Watch small, overpowered, cars go at lethal speeds on gravel and dirt roads. Now that's exciting... :lloyd:

I believe that Rally drivers (and navigators) have completely left the realm of sanity. :lol: There is however the added spice that as a spectator one of these cars may leave the racing surface and end up in your lap. It is fun to watch though. :D

What I like about supersport racing is watching four to eight riders exchanging positions at the front from start to finish.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
abooja said:
Where's SN'P when I need him...

At the local dirt track. I gave up the high profile series, remember? Something to do with a certain track getting shafted while a certain overcelebrated someone was being coronated needlessly....

How 'bout that Busch boy, btw? :beardbng:

PostCode

Major contributor!
rj.jpg

With a guy picthing 90+ mph fast balls and putting on a face like that when he does, I think I'd be a little leary about even going up to the plate.

abooja

SouthernN'Proud said:
I gave up the high profile series, remember?
I do. I was hoping you didn't. :lol2:

BTW, Bud Selig approved the RJ trade. Just a matter of time before the dude in my avatar is tall, ugly and white. :p