The Big Unit in the Big Apple

abooja

:moon2:

I think he looks beautiful. He's a skilled professional in a pinstriped power suit. What's better than that? :D

Oh, and "Chipper" ain't a real name.

abooja

HomeLAN said:
Real enough to tag him for 2 runs. :D
Spring training is like an engagement: until you get the ring, it don't mean a thing. :p

Oh, and Chipper is still a stupid name. Is he a man or a golf club? Or a beaver? Chipper. :rolleyes:

HomeLAN

Oh, I'll agree that Spring training in a mere warm-up. However, it isn't entirely meaningless.

As to names, who gives a damn. You can call him Larry all you want, as long as he hits 40 homers or more per year. Preferably off Yankee pitching. :p

abooja

Keep dreaming. :D

And if Randy Johnson's real name was Turd Wiper, I'm sure you would be all over that. :brush:

HomeLAN

With that fastball? Doubtful. Until he was on the mound against the Braves anyway. :D

Seriously, I think Chipper's HR average is higher at fields where they like to chant "Laaaaarry, Laaaaaarry". Keep it up. Please.

Inkara1

Funny how after A-Rod moved to New York, the Yankees suffered the biggest choke in the history of the playoffs while the Rangers improved by 16 wins.

abooja

HomeLAN said:
How about complimenters. Try to give your lagging pitcher a break, and you bring out the haters line. Sounds like some inferiority complex beginning to brew.

A sign of things to come?
Don't assume that I represent the Yankees. I'm just another fan trying to fend off unwarranted attacks. You guys are the haters, not Golf Club.

The Rangers?!! :rofl:

HomeLAN

I'll have to agree with you on the Rangers. My bro-in-law is a fan, and I have to bite my tongue a lot.

However, I'll damn sure root for 'em against the Yanks!