The Big Unit in the Big Apple

Inkara1

HomeLAN said:
I'll have to agree with you on the Rangers. My bro-in-law is a fan, and I have to bite my tongue a lot.
Who wouldn't want an infield with Hank Blalock, Michael Young, Alfonso Soriano and Mark Teixiera?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
People who remember Auerbach, Cey, Garvey, Lopes or Perez, Morgan, Concepcion, Rose :D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Inkara1 said:
Who wouldn't want an infield with Hank Blalock, Michael Young, Alfonso Soriano and Mark Teixiera?

True enough, but if only I could get my mitts on the team checkbook...

HEY, RANGERS' MANAGEMENT...THEY'RE CALLED PITCHERS!!!! THEY THROW THE BALL TOWARD THE OTHER TEAMS' HITTERS! Maybe you oughta look into a couple...

Inkara1

You've got to admit, though, that the amount of money we would have to have paid to get someone like Martinez--who is still good but that rotator cuff is worrisome--would have been astounding. Remember the last time Hicks opened up the checkbook big-time for the best pitcher on the market? We call him "Chan Oh Krap" now.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Big money don't mean big rewards always.

They need to get good young arms, and develop them slowly. They traded Rogers away long enough for him to be good, then grabbed him back too late.

Pedro was not who I had in mind. The guy from the Pirates (disremember the name...) woulda been a find though.

Inkara1

Josh Fogg? Kip Wells? Certainly not Kris Benson.

If the Rangers spend money on a pitcher, he needs to be a groundball pitcher. Astacio's a groundball pitcher, so my guess is that while he won't come close to winning a Cy Young, he won't stink it up too bad either.