The Da Vinci Code

kuulani

I finally got around to buying this book and I had to force myself to put it down at 3am this morning. I just couldn't stop reading it! & when I stopped reading it, my mind was racing and I couldn't go to sleep. Unfortunately, knowing that my son would wake in 3 hrs, I forced myself to lie there and fall asleep.

I can't wait to go back home after work, put the kids to bed early, and get back to this book!!

kuulani

HomeLAN said:
Angels and Demons was also good, but skip Deception Point. I haven't read Digital Fortress yet.

I was thinking about reading Angels and Demons next. Lemme know how Digital Fortress if you get around to it :D

HomeLAN

kuulani said:
I was thinking about reading Angels and Demons next. Lemme know how Digital Fortress if you get around to it :D

I will if you'll return the favor. You may get to it before me.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
I read it last winter. Very engaging, it had me on the net double-checking a lot of his assertions.

Angels and Demons was also good, but skip Deception Point. I haven't read Digital Fortress yet.
My mom brought me 35 books yesterday :eek:

One of em was Angels and Demons, I just now put it down after reading late into the night and all afternoon. I very much enjoyed it...real or no, it was a great book to read. I was happy to find the next in the box also being by him, Deception Point, was kinda sad to see HomeLAN's review here...but since it's here I'll read it :lloyd:

kuulani

my bro-in-law said i can borrow his copy of Angels & Demons when he's through with it. i can't wait!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
is he through yet? :D

I bought Digital Fortress tonight...first new book I've bought in absolutely eons. Hope it is worth it.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
Review! We want a review!
it sucked me in good...I got about half done last night and was nodding off but forcing myself to stay awake so I could keep reading.

It's about cryptographers within the a secret US gov't agency, lots of computers and codes and stuff in there. The "evil mole" keeps changing every couple pages so it really keeps a body hanging on to find out wtf. I'll write somethin gooder when I'm done. :lloyd:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I have come to the conclusion that I can't say squat without wrecking it...but I found it to be a really really good book that kept me up a couple nights.

Well worth it :beerbang:

oh..and he has some nifty puzzlers and games and edumacational stuff about the davinci code and other books...I feel too stoopid right now but someone here will whip through em I'm sure :D

http://www.danbrown.com/secrets/index.html

kuulani

*adds Digital Fortress to my need-to-buy list

I just started Angels & Demons last night. I read through half the book before forcing myself to put it away to get at least a few hours of sleep!

I also spent most of the night trying to draw my name in an ambigram :D

kuulani

...and I just got through reading The Da Vinci code for the 2nd time to see what I missed the first time around.

I wonder how many people now go to The Louvre and wonder if they're paying homage to Mary Magdalene :lloyd:

greenfreak

Just heard Tom Hanks is slated to play Robert Langdon in the film version of The Da Vinci Code. With Ron Howard directing. I love my boy Tom but I just don't see him in a role like that. Jean Reno is supposed to be in it too, which seems like a good match.

kuulani

the thing about that, though, is that, with the exception of Harry Potter, I've never enjoyed the movie as much as the book. :shrug:

i can't wait to see the movie though :D

kuulani

...and speaking of which, they just released an illustrated version of The Da Vinci code. Anyone see that?

I thumbed through it at the bookstore. It's pretty cool that you can see pics of the actual images they're referring to.

tank girl

I have borrowed the book off my dad and its sitting waiting for me to read it. I have to get through this other book first though, its about women stuck in a war hostages camp somewhere in singapore during the second world war. Anyway, with all this hype thats been out about it for sooo long, I'm sure looking foward to seeing if it lives to its reputation...

kuulani

the hype kept me from reading this one & the harry potter books for awhile ... then i got sucked in :lloyd: