The Passion of the Christ

Mare

I have been waiting so long to see this movie, not sure if its for the kiddies to watch...so finding the time for me is quite impossible right now. But , Yes, A must see movie for me.... :)

brownjenkins

i heard the DVD has a few alternate endings... lazarus riding to the rescue... and the scooby doo ending, where we find out pilot was really a disgruntled shepard who was pissed that no angels came to his pasture :devious:

IDLEchild

Geez!!!...I want my money back....finally saw the movie and if this is what people went on and on about then....well..something bad then...

Seriously....I felt like I had missed Part I or something of the trilogy.

Expected so much and was disappointed for the greater part.

chcr

Too cute for words
ResearchMonkey said:
Oh man it's all ruined now, I may not even watch the movie. My wife blew it and told me how it ends. :mad:
:rofl4:

Gonz said:
Fucking impressed. Very powerful movie, even for we non-believers.

You certainly got something out of it that I seem to have missed. :shrug:

Kawaii

Gonz said:
Fucking impressed. Very powerful movie, even for we non-believers.
Errrmno.:alienhuh:
Except for the fact that it was based on *dum dum dum* the bible, what was so special about it? I thought it was mediocre at best.

chcr

Too cute for words
Kawaii said:
Except for the fact that it was based on *dum dum dum* the bible, what was so special about it? I thought it was mediocre at best.

*Pssst! You mean based on the play by Seneca. :grinyes: *

freako104

Kawaii said:

I saw it as someone being persecuted for beliefs.

Uki Chick

I still haven't seen it. I have to watch it one night without the hubby. He's totally not interested in seeing it. I have heard mixed reviews, some say it unbelievable and very powerful. Some say it's alright. I guess I'll have to make my own opinion

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
You certainly got something out of it that I seem to have missed. :shrug:

I'd haver to imagine with your distaste for the subject matter you went in not wanting to like it. They imagery was overwhelming don't you think? The truthfulnes in the savagery? The use of color?

brownjenkins

Gonz said:
Too cheesy.

true... though pretty good for it's time... and moving none-the-less... kinda like the horror movies that don't just rely on blood and gore to scare... like 'the changling' with george c. scott

creative directing, and acting by expression, as opposed to effect

i have not seen 'passion', and will give it a chance someday... but honestly, the blood and gore i have seen on clips seems quite over-the-top