The penultimate in Southern cuisine

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Being Southern, I have long known that there is no authentic American cuisine that can hold a light to ours. New Orleans/cajun comes close, but (newsflash) they're Southern too.

If it is possible for it to be cooked, we will find a way to deep fry it. I've had deep fried pickle chips, deep fried corn on the cob, fried green t'maters (fixin a batch of them tonight in fact), and have heard of or seen deep fried Coca Cola and deep fried watermelon. But just now, I experienced the pinnacle of all things Southern as relates to a deep fryer.

Deep fried Oreos. Yummmm!

woodman19_99

We been eatin deep fried oreo's up here in the northeast for a mighty long time... those things are phenomenol, but i can only take so much of the artery clogging goodness...

your stomach gonna be able to handle all that fried deliciousness?

TexasRaceLady

Nothing better than a fried green tomatoes and fried eggplant.

However, fried squash (yellow and zuchini) and fried mushrooms come close. :D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I never said we invented frying, sparky. We just perfected it.

And you can take wikipedia and stick it where the sun DON'T shine. It's less reliable than Oprah.

woodman19_99

Whatever skippy, it certainly seemed like that was whats youse was implyin...

There is some place round here (Brooklyn) that does fried candy bars and fried twinkies. Apparently, you can bring in other edible goodies and they will fry it right up for ya.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Sorry folks, if you want fried & southern, there's nothing that can beat chicken.

Rookie. :kiss:

Catfish, frog legs, walleye, just to name a few. Fried chicken is OK but tiresome. Gotta come up with some variety for that fryer ya know.

Inkara1

Oh, there is. My dad cooks it on the Weber Kettle... the turkey gets done all the way though and is nice and juicy. Boy oh boy is it good.

catocom

My damn ol China made DeLonghi deep frier, I got a Sam's club a couple
of years ago, ain't been worth spit. It never has gotten hot enough
to fry right.:hmm:

French fries, kinda
Did chicken Once that came out edible, but I grill, or stovetop now mostly.