this is for fans of Damage Plan and Pantera

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Well...that's what happens when you let violence in society get out of control. :shrug: It spreads from one neighborhood to another...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I heard about this on the radio this morning. I hadn't heard of Damage Plan, but I'm a fair to decent Pantera fan. I didn't know DD and Vinnie had split from Pantera.

This is a real shame.

freako104

SouthernN'Proud said:
I heard about this on the radio this morning. I hadn't heard of Damage Plan, but I'm a fair to decent Pantera fan. I didn't know DD and Vinnie had split from Pantera.

This is a real shame.

Pantera split up fairly recently. Phil is in Superjoint Ritual

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
How could someone get in with a gun or any kind of weapon to a concerte?, Is there no security over there? :confuse3:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Back in my day, when I attended beaucoup metal concerts, I made my way inside with all manner of things past body patdowns and whatnot. Three of us managed to sneak in enough booze at an Iron Maiden show to keep us bombed for hours.

In my present job, I am privvy to all sorts of informational tidbits. Caps are now being made that appear 100% normal but have a zipper pouch in which a handgun can be concealed and it will never be noticed. Tennis shoes now have compartments in which a switchblade can be concealed. Gang members use this stuff all the time. The caps are "marketed" to the surfer crowd as a way to stroe keys etc while in the water. Maybe 1 out of 500 is used for that purpose.

It wouldn't be difficult to get a handgun in to a metal show at a club. The security folks are so busy with the drunks, meth-heads, and unruly moshers they don't pay much mind to the quiet guy in the ballcap who patiently waits for admission rather than pushing and shoving to get a better view of the stage. Piece of cake. Sadly.

Shit like this will someday kill live music performances altogether. The fans will suffer, but so will the artists as this is one of their primary income sources. Recording contracts being what they are, the bands make much more on the road than from CD sales. Now, some won't tour any more. The club scene that spawned so many popular musical acts for so long will slowly die away, and the music fan will have to be even more reliant on the labels to get their music. If the labels decide that _________ kind of music is "not profitable", they won't promote it. You'll never hear any of it. Since they can't play clubs and bring the music to the fans, well.......

Just hope the music you like doesn't end up filling that blank. Think you're sick of Brittany Spears wanna bes now? Wait ten years. Without a club scene or another "music underground", we'll never hear anything except what the labels want us to buy. And I'll bet they won't be shoving bands like Damage Plan down the public's throat. It'll all be bland, American Idol shit that nobody with a brain can stand. I speak as a W.A.S.P., Every Mother's Nightmare, Motorhead fan. I'd say rock music is now on its deathbed, and it's been on life support for ten years anyway. Get ready for the Invasion of the Interchangable Plastic Soundalikes....it's coming.

I mourn the passing of Dimebag, but also the passing of rock and roll as we know it. This event, more so than the club fire with Great White, will kill a piece of Americana known as rock and roll. I most certainly enjoyed my slice. I lived and breathed it for over 30 years. I can tell my grandchildren that I was a part of it when it was a thriving, living entity. I'll have my LPs and CDs to show them that once upon a time music was creative and diverse.

Maybe I'm over reacting. Maybe everything will be OK. Maybe the record labels will put creativity ahead of profit margins. Maybe society will come to its senses and stop deeds like this one from happening again. Maybe. But I ain't holding my breath.

I'm gonna go buy some music. The most diverse eclectic combinations I can find. While I still can.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Luis G said:
How could someone get in with a gun or any kind of weapon to a concerte?, Is there no security over there? :confuse3:

The club is a really big bar, much like the one we have here called Pierres

unclehobart

From what I read, the guy scaled an 8 foot fence and came right in to do his handiwork. He was seen and was being followed in order to be ejected/arrested. The perp didn't waste any time.