This is the second time it happens for me...

AlladinSane

When I receive a PM it shows the pop-up asking if I want to open in new window. I chose yes than check the PM, buit when I click to close the new window it won't close it. Then the system gets lagged and some minutes later I get a system message saying something like "This windows is running a script that is making your computer go slower, disable it?" :confuse3:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I have that problem sometimes. Have you rebooted lately?

I don't know how to fix it, as it seems to be an IE-only problem.

Disable the popper upper and just check for new messages by looking at the message just below the breadcrumb. e.g.

Welcome, fury. You last visited: Today at 01:26pm. It is now 07:14pm
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 212.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Mine just plain freezes most of the time when I try to do ANYTHING in a PM window. Then it works ok after I reboot IE....till the next PM. :retard:

AlladinSane

fury said:
Disable the popper upper and just check for new messages by looking at the message just below the breadcrumb. e.g.

Welcome, fury. You last visited: Today at 01:26pm. It is now 07:14pm
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 212.
Tried that, the same occurs when I click on the main forum link to return to the forums :confused:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You disabled the PM popups right?

Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?
This will pop up a small warning box when you receive a Private Message asking whether you want to view the message.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
That happens to me at work but not at home. 6.0 here I THINK it's 5.x at work but I will check when I get there.