This is why you're fat.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
ew!

I can see going for the Domino’s Three Cheese Mac-N-Cheese Pasta Bread Bowl though.

Dave

I'll take a clogger please.
No...wait...make it a Whipper Burger...
and and ice cream cone cupcake for desert.

Altron

bacon waffles on page 1 actually sounded like they might be good... i mean you usually get bacon on the side when you order waffles so i don't see what the big deal about having it not on the side is

and prof's ice cream cone cupcakes are on page 3

the breakfast sushi sounds pretty good on page 3

the hawaiian meat loaf sandwich on page 3 doesn't seem unhealthy at all

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's about time somebody figured it out...

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The major reason for the obesity epidemic that has gripped the United States in the past three decades is increased food intake, not reduced physical activity, according to a study released Friday at the European Congress on Obesity in Amsterdam.

"To return to the average weights of the 1970s, we would need to reverse the increased food intake of about 350 calories a day for children (about one can of fizzy drink and a small portion of French fries) and 500 calories a day for adults (about one large hamburger)," Swinburn noted in a statement from the meeting.

"Alternatively, we could achieve similar results by increasing physical activity by about 150 minutes a day of extra walking for children and 110 minutes for adults, but realistically, although a combination of both is needed, the focus would have to be on reducing calorie intake," he added.

Unless you run 5 miles a day, exercise is almsot useless. Put down that Whipper Burger....I want it.

UPI

BeardofPants

*agrees w/ Gonz.

I lost a whole bunch of weight not because of increased exercise, though I'm sure it helped, but because of reduced portion sizes.

BeardofPants

the breakfast sushi sounds pretty good on page 3

the hawaiian meat loaf sandwich on page 3 doesn't seem unhealthy at all

It's not a matter of healthy vs unhealthy, it's a matter of calories. The hawaiian meatloaf sammich included a layer of mac/cheese which, calorifically, is probably fairly ok on its own, but when combined with the carbs of the bread, and the meatloaf, leads to one consuming the calories of 2.5 meals instead of 1.

Winky

I don't do nuthin'
(OK I move the mouse and type on occasion)
So I don't eat nuthin'
(coffee/soda pop and cigarettes are food groups!)
If you shoulder a combat load and go on a 20 mile forced march
twice a week you'll EAT
If you sit in yer chair then sit in the seat of your car to drive to a job
where you sit in a chair to get back in the car to sit in the chair in front
of your PC AND EAT yer gonna look like the Goodyear Blimp in short order
unless
You were blessed with a basal metabolic rate that runs @ 99.9999999%
of the speed of light like me.
In my 30's my body fat ran around 6-7% and I weighed 143-147 LBS
and I ran round like a chicken whose head had just been lopped off.
Now just shy of my 50th Birthday I run around 11-13% and I'm 145 LBS

The muscle just melts away when you do nuthin' strenuous everyday.

The old vets with PTSD my wife works with at the VA say the durnest things too.
The kids in their early 20’s with traumatic brain injuries and or lost limbs
from IED’s are the saddest ones though but I guess it beats being dead.

Gee that post expended so many calories I gotta trundle to the kitchen
and fill up my glass with Pepsi to replenish my energy. Whew!

Winky

nap.jpg

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Since I posted this they've added:

Carb Casserole

A multi-layered casserole with layers of pizza, mole sauce, mexican fiesta cheese, mashed potatoes, egg noodles, cheese and Stove Top stuffing.

I've been watching this with horror and amusement for a few months now.

2minkey

bootlicker
*agrees w/ Gonz.

I lost a whole bunch of weight not because of increased exercise, though I'm sure it helped, but because of reduced portion sizes.

right. exercise acts as a lever by increasing the basal metabolic rate, making your body require more calories to maintain weight, thus giving you a bigger window of calories to miss and thus lose weight. it helps that if you exercise somewhat robustly for an hour you'll knock off 400 calories, too, but...

the problem is, most americans are so lazy that their form of "exercise" is pathetically low impact and really doesn't do shit. (i guess that's redundant.) i've heard many rationalize light household chores as their "exercise." and then there's people that join curves. holy krudmonkeys... might as well stay home.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I stopped eating dairy for health reasons and the weight has been falling off of me so fast I can almost see it happening.

It is the 0 effort diet.