tinkering with my site... AGAIN... can i ask a favor?

BlurOfSerenity

hello all! as you may know, i run a fairly crappy site, that is more an exercise in vanity than anything else, because why the hell do i need a website?
and i'm constantly changing things around and rearranging and getting sick of frames so trying something else, then missing the functionality of frames and putting them back, and being fickle and changing my mind every 5 seconds.
(for the past 6 years now... yesterday was the 6th anniversary of my domain name, yay!)

but anyway. the newest thing i'm trying, i'm not sure if it's going to work for anyone else but me. so i was wondering if i could enlist some help from you guys. i'd really appreciate it if you went to http://batwing.org and let me know if the vertical bit that says "batwing.org" looks ok on your screen. is it obscured by the content boxes? or waaay far away from them? are they more or less like this screenshot?
Picture31-1.png

i set it all up, then realized i have a widescreen-type screen (yay mac!) so, it might not work the same way for everyone >_<

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Looks fine to me but I'm on a macbook so I have a wide screen too.

BeardofPants

It's all aligned hard-to-the-left (no black margin on the left of pink text boxes). I use a wide-screen mac, viewing within safari.

2minkey

bootlicker
*cough* lousy mac users *cough*

firefox 3.0.8 on an xp64 laptop.

total content is centered but batwing thing offsets text so the main column is left of center. batwing thing just sits there, fixed, as text scrolls down.

okay hold the phone. when i make the window narrower batwing thing slides under text.

so, at 1280 pixels across it looks pretty much like i think it's supposed to, but if you get into the 8-900s the batwing is sliding under the text.

i haven't looked at your code but this could be fixed fairly easily. this might be part of the problem...
margin-right: 453px

so there's this big hard-spaced chunk of pixels.

MrBishop

So..you have a black-background colour..and a no-repeat black image w/ text.
background-image: url("http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q390/batwingdotorg/site/Picture22-1.png");
background-position: center right;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
If you change centre-right with right, it should help out a bit. I'd need to know the total page size... if you trim the black background of the image so that it's just a rectangle with the word and change the alignment to 'right', it should fit most, if not all, screens without rolling under the main-text boxes when you resize.

pc_builder

This is how it looks for me on my mom's desktop. (Using a crt at 1024x768 until I get her a new lcd)
Yes, the left side is cut off with no scroll bar at the bottom. :D
Also, WinXP and Google Chrome.
I'm sure it would look fine on my widescreen laptop though.

batwingdotorg.jpg