Tree hugging film of the day

MrBishop

...just sitting and waiting for the 'toon dedicated to leather and wool.

... tick tock ...

(Several years later)

...I guess that cows and sheep aren't as cute or worth saving, eh?

I don't wear fur, don't buy fur etc... it's an unnecessary expense..purely aesthetic in nature, and not worth working overtime for.

drkavnger99

:disgust2::bs: For lack of a smily portraying my total anger and disgust for most of these groups (need one with an angry look and a twitchy eye). I don't personally like fur and dont' see the point in it when there are better textiles available but you put one of these animal rights activists in northern canada without a jacket and no place to buy it or the materials you better believe they'd go fur quick! For the ones who made this flash animation, welcome to the real world where ppl kill eachother, maime ppl and animals alike, chop down whole forests, pollute, destroy eachother, and test/use nukes. I love animals but they portray their cause poorly IMO and quite annoyingly.... Ya know on second thought I may just be in a bad mood but this really rubbed me the wrong way and I can't figure out why!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
first of all, using fur out of absolute necessity is a lot different than having some cute little trim for your collar

I live in northern canada sort of and manage quite nicely without fur anything, however there are those for whom this is life and survival. These are not the people to whom this is directed.

and secondly, with the way you describe the real world, is something wrong with trying to make the real world a little bit kinder?

people bent on either end of the spectrum are always irritating and annoying, but it sure would be nice were there to be some middling ground where we could meet and have things a mite less cruel and destructive :shrug:

BeardofPants

drkavnger99 said:
I don't personally like fur and dont' see the point in it when there are better textiles available but you put one of these animal rights activists in northern canada without a jacket and no place to buy it or the materials you better believe they'd go fur quick!

:bs:

It's cheaper and more cold weather effective to use a parka jacket, or ski jacket. And there's always faux fur - also cheaper.

ski_jacket_2.gif