Trump? Really?

spike

imgad

Is this possibly who the Republican's are going to run? Full steam towards Idiocracy.

Trump cites CNN poll, but CNN didn't conduct such a poll

(CNN) – Donald Trump says he's leading in the polls, and he points to a CNN poll to prove his point.

"CNN did a poll recently where President Obama and I are statistically tied," Trump told reporters Wednesday morning upon arriving in New Hampshire. "If you would like, I can send it to you. Call up CNN."

CNN didn't conduct such a survey.

What Trump was most likely referring to was a Newsweek/Daily Beast poll conducted in February that CNN reported on at the time. The national survey indicated that in a hypothetical general election matchup between President Barack Obama and Trump as the GOP nominee, Obama beat Trump by only two percentage points, 43 to 41, which was well with in the survey's sampling error. At the time Trump referred to the survey as a CNN poll and did so again Wednesday in New Hampshire.

CNN conducts its own polling and also reports on surveys by other organizations.

While the Newsweek poll indicated Trump basically tied with Obama, more recent national surveys put the real estate mogul and possible Republican presidential candidate behind by double digits.

An ABC News/Washington Post poll conducted April 14-17 indicated Trump trailing the president by 13 points in a possible 2012 showdown. A McClatchy/Marist survey conducted April 10-14 indicated Trump behind Obama by 16 points. And according to a Fox News poll conducted April 3-5, Trump trailed the president by 18 points.

Those polls indicate that other possible Republican White House hopefuls, such as former Massachusetts Gov. and 2008 GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney and former Arkansas Gov. and 2008 GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, both trail the president by single digits.

CNN has not conducted any hypothetical Obama-Trump general election matchup polls. But earlier this month CNN conducted a survey which indicated that Trump was tied with Huckabee for first place in the battle for the GOP presidential nomination, among Republican and independent voters who lean Republican.

One poll does indicate Trump leading the potential GOP field. A Public Policy Polling survey conducted earlier this month put Trump's support at 26 percent, nine points ahead of Huckabee, who was in second place in the poll. PPP uses a methodology which CNN, as well as other news organizations, does not consider to be reliable.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...s-cnn-poll-but-cnn-didnt-conduct-such-a-poll/

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He might be. Since the Dems picked the (R) candidate last time, McCain musta been really bad. Good thing Sarah kept him from embarassing himself.

spike

Since the Dems picked the (R) candidate last time

What the hell are you talking about? The Reps voted for him in the primaries.

McCain musta been really bad. Good thing Sarah kept him from embarassing himself.

Yeah Sarah did most of the embarrassing things. If it wasn't for her it wouldn't have been such a landslide.

Still trying to figure out if your ok with Trump?

2minkey

bootlicker
yes it's all about blaming me for your swirling cesspool's inability to produce a candidate that isn't a seething idiot trapped in a soundbyte circus.

i disagree with many obama policies, but he's not an idiot.

grow up.

Cerise

No, it's all about you playing the white-supremacist card because I don't happen to like 0bammy. You grow up.

2minkey

bootlicker
yes it's all about blaming me for your swirling cesspool's inability to produce a candidate that isn't a seething idiot trapped in a soundbyte circus.

i disagree with many obama policies, but he's not an idiot.

grow up.

i don't think that has anything to do with your bigotry. well, beyond some basic motivations. try addressing a substantive point instead of the comment made in passing. oh, right, you can't.

Cerise

You don't make any comment "in passing". Everything that comes out of your mouth has an intent.