Truth hurts, pal

Starya

Gonz said:
The charges may have been cleared but he still spent time in jail. There is no way to ever get that back.
Oh, it just ocurred to me.. He was sentenced to a month in jail, but appealed, and was then later aquitted. He didn't actually spend any time in jail.

chcr

Too cute for words
Starya said:
Oh, it just ocurred to me.. He was sentenced to a month in jail, but appealed, and was then later aquitted. He didn't actually spend any time in jail.
But it sounds better the other way. That's how the "news" media works too. :lloyd:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A couple of places say spent time in jail while others say he was convicted & sentenced, but don't mention whether time was actually served. A huge gulf in the story if you ask me & we know you did :D

Starya

No Norwegian, Danish or Swedish sources say he has spent time in jail. Yes he was sentenced, but remained free pending the appeal.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Here's an idea. Let's qut answering questions with questions & when we're stumped, let's quit with the NEENER NEENER I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I.

If you have a point, make it. If it's done in a clever manner, all the better. If it's done straight forward & to the point, excellent. But please stop with the damned bickering & finger pointing. That's my job.

Winky

I'm a total non-believer and I thank God everyday
I live in a country that has a moral imperative from on high
and you'd better pray to God it stays that way!

If the Godless communists have their way
we will all worship the state and we saw how well
that turned out in the former Soviet Union, now din oui?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Everybody should have the right to speak whatever they like, no matter if it is hate speech. You can either listen to it or fuck off. ;)

chcr

Too cute for words
Luis G said:
Everybody should have the right to speak whatever they like, no matter if it is hate speech. You can either listen to it or fuck off. ;)
:clap:

chcr

Too cute for words
Now, if someone did holler "fire" in a theater you were in would you:
A: leap to your feet and run screaming and yelling.
B: stand, look to see where the fire is then determine the safest egress.

Just curious.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
HomeLAN said:
Considering I've dealt with fires before, I'm pretty sure I'd go with option B.

I'd also go with B...then I'd make another decision...whether to rescue the person screaming 'fire' after I call attention to his idiocy, or let the crowd pummel him unmercifully. :devious:

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
I'd also go with B...then I'd make another decision...whether to rescue the person screaming 'fire' after I call attention to his idiocy, or let the crowd pummel him unmercifully. :devious:

:grinyes: