Umm...???

A.B.Normal

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2470013

PORT NECHES -- A manslaughter charge filed against a 16-year-old girl accused of smothering her newborn baby was changed Friday to capital murder, an investigator with the Jefferson County district attorney's office said.

Prosecutors filed the new charge because they believe she intentionally killed the infant after giving birth at home, investigator Steve Thrower said. Police found the deceased infant on Thanksgiving night in a zippered duffel bag in the girl's bedroom.

Prosecutors plan to ask a family court judge for permission to try the girl as an adult, Thrower said. Because of her age, the girl would face a mandatory life sentence if she were convicted as an adult of capital murder.

The girl's 19-year-old brother fathered the baby and was charged Friday with prohibited sexual conduct, Thrower said. He was free on $8,000 bond and has not yet received a court-appointed attorney.

The man admitted in a sworn affidavit that he had had sexual intercourse with his sister on more than one occasion at their Port Neches home. DNA tests confirmed he was the father.

There is no evidence that he forced his sister to have sex with him, Thrower said.

The girl was being held in the county's juvenile detention center.

Absolutely fucked up family *puke*

freako104

seriously. there is sometihng wrong with that. the brother being the father was the fucked up part. but what she did was worse. damn.

tonksy

it's texas....they don't cotton to child murder there...unless her lawyers argue mental duress brought on by aggravated incest.

Oz

Gonz said:
This looks like my slippery slope in action. Stop judging them. Who are you to judge?

I'm just a guy who has no urge to fuck a member of his family or murder children :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Oz said:
I'm just a guy who has no urge to fuck a member of his family or murder children :shrug:

Then don't. I am learning from some of the best liberals around. I've learned that judging people is bad. If you don't wish to participate in an action that is your business but because you don't wish to participate does not mean it's any less valid an option.

How's that chcr?

Oz

Gonz said:
Then don't. I am learning from some of the best liberals around. I've learned that judging people is bad.

Stop it Gonz, you're scaring me :rolleyes:

If ya wish to tell me what I can and can't do....no matter what much sarcasm or twisting of other peoples outlook on life you use......try it with a gun to my head, then you might have the authority needed to persuade my that you're right ;)

Otherwise.....don't try to tell my what I can or can't judge people on.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
psssstttttt, OZ, I'm pretending. Go along with me. These are things I'm told & I'm showing how ridiculous they are in practice

Oz

Gonz said:
psssstttttt, OZ, I'm pretending. Go along with me. These are things I'm told & I'm showing how ridiculous they are in practice

That's why I added..

no matter what much sarcasm or twisting of other peoples outlook on life you use.

and the ---> ;)

;) ;)

I've been watching the vehement "thou shalt" and "thou shalt not's" flying around a coupla thread..........thought I'd have a go meself :D

chcr

Too cute for words
Once again, I have to thank you for going out of your way to prove I'm right.

chcr

Too cute for words
1. Implication that somehow this is related to homosexuals wanting to marry (the whole mindless worn out slippery slope argument).
2. Act offended when I point out that you're actually a homophobe.

Do the math and you'll see that you are once again making my point. Or I guess you probably won't. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Why would I be offended that you're incorrectly assuming something about me? I just want everyone to know what I am being mislabeled. As someone who dislikes labels you dispense them quite freely.

chcr

Too cute for words
You know what Gonz? You're absolutely right, I'm absolutely wrong.

How could I not see it before this.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Ugh oh, I found what I dreaded...the written right to marry.

UNUDHR said:
Article 16
Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

Wait, that seems to indicate a heterosexual union. hmmmmm

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It also says and to found a family. It also limits the limitless
without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion,
Doesn't say sexual preference.