Universal Service

chcr

Too cute for words
I've always rather thought it was a good idea. Obama's (Rahm Emmanuel) chief of staff evidently does.

Here's how it would work. Young people will know that between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five, the nation will enlist them for three months of civilian service. They'll be asked to report for three months of basic civil defense training in their state or community, where they will learn what to do in the event of biochemical, nuclear or conventional attack; how to assist others in an evacuation; how to respond when a levee breaks or we're hit by a natural disaster. These young people will be available to address their communities' most pressing needs.

Los Linkage

H2O boy

I've always rather thought it was a good idea. Obama's (Rahm Emmanuel) chief of staff evidently does.

Los Linkage

step one: complete.

i can think of a lot of options i prefer to rely on in case of emergency over the local 20 year olds. they'd never make it to the site for falling over their droopy drawers sagging around their knees.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Just think of it as a class you have to pass, I think it is a great idea.

Mind you, all us Canadians are commies.

chcr

Too cute for words

i can think of a lot of options i prefer to rely on in case of emergency over the local 20 year olds. they'd never make it to the site for falling over their droopy drawers sagging around their knees.

Got anything intelligent to add to the discussion?

I see.

Cerise

Call it what it is: Involuntary servitude.

13th amendment -- Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime where of the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

"When an opponent declares: 'I will not come over to your side.'
I calmly say, 'Your child belongs to us already…..What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.'"

Here's how it would work. Young people will know that between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five, the nation will enlist them for three months of civilian service.

They'll be asked to report for three months of basic civil defense training in their state or community, where they will learn what to do in the event of biochemical, nuclear or conventional attack; how to assist others in an evacuation; how to respond when a levee breaks or we're hit by a natural disaster.

These young people will be available to address their communities' most pressing needs.

Picture Die Obamajugend lined up at attention, all in perfect military column formations, scrubbed and clean in their uniforms, shovels in hand.

:shrug:

Smirky Herr Gruppenführer needs to realize that we are his bosses.

Cerise

WASHINGTON (Map, News) - A Republican congressman from Georgia is calling President-elect Obama a Marxist and warning that he might be planning to form a Gestapo-like security force so he can rule as a dictator.

Two-term Rep. Paul Broun of Athens cited a July speech that has circulated on the Internet in which Obama called for a civilian force to take some of the national security burden off the military.

We have a military. We have the FBI, ATF, Secret Service, 50 State Police departments, local police and sheriff depts. and the National Guard.... so why do we need a new security force?

:idea:

spike

You must really hate the military then.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Way to not read the thread, Leslie!

I had thought we were talking about the community service for students thiing. We don't have this in Ontario. I wish we did though, and would quite like it, apparently solely because of my senior citizen-ness.

MrBishop

Way to not read the thread, Leslie!

I had thought we were talking about the community service for students thiing. We don't have this in Ontario. I wish we did though, and would quite like it, apparently solely because of my senior citizen-ness.
You???!? OLD!!?!?!? :rofl:
You look in your mid-twennies.