vegetarian recipes

tonksy

The consistancy of rattlesnake is different from chicken...or so my mother says. I have not had the priviledge, maybe one day.

BeardofPants

Here it is :

Cheese-Stuffed Pasta

2 cups (500 mL) ricotta or cottage cheese
1/4 tsp nutmeg (no really, it makes a world of difference)
1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
250mL mozzarella cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup bread crumbs (the italian ones make it nice) (my ex-father in law used to come for dinner, and whatever I made, all he'd say would be "This would be good if you did *blank* like this.". Insinuating it wasn't good in the first place, the bastard. Anyway, he suggested the italian bread crumbs for this dish, and it was good.).

Mix it all up in a biggish bowl, and put it in the fridge while you boil one box of manicotti, canelloni, or shell-shaped pasta till just tender. Drain those, set aside to cool. Take a baking dish and put a bit of sauce in the bottom to prevent sticking or drying of noodles.

Using a babyfood spoon or small collector's sized spoon (easier in my experience than a teaspoon), stuff the pasta with the cheese stuff till level. No point in heaping cause it'll just goo all over the place. Line them up in the baking dish. Top with sauce (try and cover them as well as you can to prevent drying and hardening. Sprinkle with more parmesan.

Bake at 350 or whatever your metric equivalent is for about 30 minutes/till bubbling. Enjoy!

Altron

The consistancy of rattlesnake is different from chicken...or so my mother says. I have not had the priviledge, maybe one day.

My grandfather told me about the time he almost ordered rattlesnake at a restaurant.

"Can I take your order sir?"
"Does the rattlesnake taste bad?"
"No, it tastes like chicken"
*ponders for a moment*
"Well, I'll take the chicken then. It's cheaper."

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Corn casserole
In a 13 X 9 pan melted 1 cup of margarine. Stir in 1 can of creamed corn, 1 can of kernel corn drained, 1 package of corn muffin mix (jiffy is best), 1 cup of sour cream, 2 tsp sugar, add salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning to taste. Bake for about 40 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly brown. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
I serve this underneath collard greens or other green veggies but it is good by itself.

When I read this all I could think of was "Man, this would take Rob down for the count!!" :laugh: