Weekend events

rrfield

For those who are interested, I saw fury over the weekend. He's looking good - he's lost 50 lbs. It's hard to picture him being such a big guy...I remember him being my little cousin. He's got to be 6'4" or so.

We were both Paul Bearer's at our Grandmothers funeral. Our Grandpa threw a 3 day party, which is exactly what Grandma wanted. A good time was had by all.

rrfield

Professur

Nothing beats a good wake. Sorry for you're loss, tho. Hope she left you some good memories.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
rrfield and dennis, sorry to hear about your grandma.
Hope the family is doing well and we'll keep ya in our prayers.
Sam

Rose

wow. I didn't know you two were related, either. Sweeetness! :D

I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like she was a good person to have wanted her services to be happy.

tonksy

*surprised about the relation as well.

i saw a piccy fury posted a link to on IRC...looking good :brow:

rrfield

Our Dad's are brothers. My Grandma had 8 children (4 boys 4 girls), 27 grandkids, 9 great-grandkids. All 8 kids made the trip, I believe 24 grandchildren made it and 6 of the great-grandchildren. I met tons of family members I had not seen since I was probably 17 - second cousins, third cousins, great aunts and uncles, yadda yadda yadda. HUGE party.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. She's probably having a brew with St. Wenceslaus right now. :beerbang:

rrfield