Wetlings Hideout?

unclehobart

*Another Kennedy, another car crash. Blames medication*

Hell... I'm shocked that a Kennedy is driving himself about. I figured they all had chauf.. chaeuff... chouff... a driver.

unclehobart

*A new X-Prize for new space tech announced*

The Lunar Lander Challenge calls for entrants to simulate a trip between the moon and low lunar orbit. There are actually two levels of competition, with both levels requiring the vehicles to fly from one area to another area and back. The two landing areas would be separated by 100 meters, or about the length of a football field. The vehicle may refuel before its return trip, the X Prize Foundation said.

Sweet. I need to get in on that. I have this beer car and frozen spinach theory of space fuel I'm dying to try.

unclehobart

*Moussaoui headed for a bleak existence supermax*

Yeah.. that will last for about 10 years until the Supreme Court frees everyone on some technicality. God knows this case was rife with technicalities. I'm not fond of the idea of paying 200,000$/yr to keep feeding this guy.

unclehobart

*Michelle Wie first woman to make cut in mens golf tournament since 1945*

Good for her. I think the last one was Babe Didrikson(sp?) Zaharias. You should read a bio on her. She was a freak-of-nature-athlete.

unclehobart

*Katrina report on water quality*

The inland housing water is fine now.. but don't go in the water. Apparently the stuff in the ocean is frighteningly bad.

unclehobart

*sand dunes found on Titan*

and? Did they really think it was cheese? Rock is everywhere in the universe. Its collective erosion dust. It happens.

unclehobart

060504_sthelens_hmed_5p.hmedium.jpg

A 300 foot rock is jutting out of Mt St Helens. Its growing 4-5 feet/day as the pressures build up behind it.

That zit is goung to pop some day.

simplyred

paul_valaru said:
I so want one of those!!!!

I so have one! That was our coffee table in my house growing up! My parents stained it and put a pretty ash tray in the center of it to keep the kids from throwing the car keys in it. Later when money wasn't so "tight" we just never got a new coffee table. Noone can bear to part with it now!