Wetlings Hideout?

unclehobart

Dammit. The poker game is off. Steadily over the last 24 hours, all other 7 people for the game slowly backed out. Buncha wankers.

unclehobart

No entry cost. Its just a bunch of friends eating, drinking, and blowing off steam. We're all old friends going back several years. Noone really stands to gain or lose more than $30US in a 5 hour evening of play.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Then they couldn't make some excuse like "the wife doesnt' want me to spend money on poker games".

unclehobart

I've known everyone that is coming to the game for a minimum of 15 years. They can't bullshit me.

The different people were:

1-working. known well in advance. was never coming to the game.
2-got into a weekend long project and called out. (HomeLAN)
3-was having a garage sale and got delayed too much to come until very late.
4-5 ended up taking extra work because of lost income due to prior illness.
5-6 Me and Tonks
7-8 said his wife was waffling about coming... so I told them that the game was off because everyone dissolved away.

bah.

unclehobart

onion_news3028.jpg

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Rob, what kinda pills did they give you guys for your necks? Anything?

My doctor just said Robax Platinum (has ibuprofen)/Tylenol with Codeine.
The tylenol does shit, with the Robax I get maybe half and hour of feeling ok.

unclehobart

Absolutely nothing. We left the wreck under our own power and refused medical treatment. It wasn't until the next day that we had whiplash symptoms. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that we realized that we had some neck issues. By then it was far too late to become actionable. To mw it was no big deal since I am already wracked with constant pain in various parts of the body. It was just another brick in the wall. Tonks takes simple over the counter meds at times when it gets harsh. A few beers takes the edge off as well.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I don't wanna take up drinking so that's out. :(

I waited a few months before I went, I'd originally thought mine was just a crick in the neck gone horribly wrong and kept waiting for it to get better. They suggested the Robax and the physio. All might not be lost for you guys...maybe biting the cost for 6 weeks might be worth it.

unclehobart

Have they ever xrayed the area? Actually done anything medical to pinpoint the specific cause of pain? I hate to think they were just giving you minimal inspection and full body mild doping because its what the book says. One would think they would try to work the injury and not the symptom.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
still waiting to get started with the physio.

Me not calling to get it started still deluding myself into thinking it would go away was the problem :lloyd:

The doctor gave the physio guys carte blanche for all testing and treatment they deem necessary.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Abu al Zarqawi is dead. Took a hellfire up his safehouse. I can't wait to see how the liberal press spins this one. :D

BTW. If you have coasters under your beer, you have to leave. NOW. It can't be a proper hideout without something for Nixy to clean besides Rob's old newspapers...:evilgrin:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
Abu al Zarqawi is dead. Took a hellfire up his safehouse. I can't wait to see how the liberal press spins this one. :D

BTW. If you have coasters under your beer, you have to leave. NOW. It can't be a proper hideout without something for Nixy to clean besides Rob's old newspapers...:evilgrin:

If they don't use coasters they're getting my stealtoed boot in their ass. I'm too busy these days to be picking up after y'all :grumpy:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Note: Because the "Who's Online" shows you for SO long after you've left if you don't sign out then maybe we should make sure this forum is not the last one we view...[cough]Rob[/cough]

Just a thought...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:

Have this be your last place visited and sit in the "Who's Online' after you were gone right after I posted about how we shouldn't do that.