Mitsui 100pack jewel case 52x
Iomega Jaz Cartridge 2GB
Zip 250mb w/jewel case. 4pack

Removable Media Storage
-
Sky CD Carrying Case Holds 224 CDs/DVDs
200pack Premium Jewel Cases

Total: $4208

Should I go for it or what? :beerbang: It'll only take me, umm... 3 years to get that much if my pay stays the same. :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Do it! What the hell, you only live once, and if you can make that in three years, well, it will only be obsolete for the last two years you're paying for it. :tardbang:

Mirlyn

Hey, I know someone who is still paying off their HP computer package they bought straight out of HS.....Its a P3 450, as I remember. :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
If I work 8 more hours a week than I'm normally scheduled to work, it'll take a little under a year and 2 months. :tardbang:

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
....or!

just:

a. wait until you do have the money
b. skip some stuff....do you really need a 3.0 GHz CPU for instance...?

well? do ya punk!?

</clint eastwood mode>

:eek6:

Mirlyn

Shadowfax said:
....or!
just:
a. wait until you do have the money

Thats my vote. :) Having bills when you're young is no fun. There's plenty of time later in life for those.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Of course... look at all the stuff in there... I'm gonna want to watch HDTV while genoming, burning DVD's and CD's, processing the video I recorded with the digital camera, scanning a picture at maximum resolution, and running 3dmark03. Obviously I'm gonna need something that can multitask without getting an expensive dual setup. :tardbang:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It's not an Intel mobo. It's a VIA mobo, and it meets or exceeds the performance of any other P4 chipset (except those with dual channel memory). :beerbang:

I know its a VIA mobo, its just that VIA intel setups are not as good as AMD VIA setups imho, i'd stick with Intels chipsets and motherboards with that, found em to perform better and be more reliable. Even with AMD i'll reccomend Nforce2 anytime now over VIA, even the KT600 looks to be just a bloody KT400A with appropiate dividers for 400DDR.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
HardOCP loves the board... It was made with no help from Intel whatsoever (no licensing, that's why they had to make the board themselves and also why they're in a legal battle back and forth with Intel) and yet it rivals anything Intel made, with other plusses such as 10 USB 2.0 ports, a card reader integrated into the board (Smartmedia, Memory Stick and Secure Digital) and awesome integrated gigabit ethernet and audio.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Jeslek said:
What would the purpose of that computer be?
Does everything have to have a purpose? :D

I dunno, generally bragging rights cause of having so much top of the line stuff, but obviously due to having a HDTV card and all kinds of removable storage devices, I'd primarily use it for watching and recording stuff in HDTV and amassing a huge collection of free software (e.g. OpenOffice, Linux) and backing up (possibly even running :D) the sites.