what is wrong with people?

kuulani

Originally posted by Gato_Solo
Only if you can name one domesticated animal in the zoo/aquarium... :D

The dolphins and whales in an aquarium are basically domesticated ... they do tricks, they're trained. Just because they aren't traditionally labeled as "pets" doesn't mean they don't have feelings :p

:D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I've seen dolphins do some of those same 'tricks' in the wild. I'll give you a little on the orcas, though, but when I watched a Discovery Channel show about those 'trained' orcas, I remember one of the trainers saying that their 'star' was the one teaching the humans tricks...

BTW...The dolphin story is pretty dull, but it goes like this...

See Gato snorkling in about 7 feet of water off of Folley Beach. Dolphin 'sees' Gato and, AFAIK, decides to have some fun with the creature out of his element. Dolphin then proceeds to swim up behind Gato and pull on his snorkle. Funny, funny dolphin. Gato, who was busy trying to gather a rather testy crab, didn't see the dolphin until AFTER the snorkle got yanked out of his mouth. See Gato empty his bladder and flatulate at the same time. See the dolphin swim off, turn around, and shake it's head at Gato. See Gato swim back to shore, while the funny dolphin swims around him.

The dolphin left me when I was in water just over my head. I think it knew I was in a foul mood...

kuulani

Hey Gato ... is that an ABC special? :D

Here's my dolphin story...

Kuu & boyfriend swimming in secluded bay. Dolphins swim around us. Tourist enter bay and swim straight towards dolphins, chasing dolphins away. Kuu & boyfriend get mad at stupid tourist for ruining it,

alex

My German Shepard got hold of a Siamese cat one night. Slung that little bugger from one end of the patio to the other.